• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Decided to load some 110gr supers using 4227. Hodgdon listed the starting load at 17.6 and max at 19.(?) compressed.

The 17.6 was already gonna be compressed so I dropped it down to 15.6. Probably due to my brass or somethin. Loaded 4 and went to test, got out there and realized the battery was dead on the chrony :banghead:

They cycled fine, will load some more to chronograph. Probably try to run them about 2,000fps and relegate them to the AR for varmint work.

Then make a sub load for the Handi Rifle, I'd like to try some 90gr STX pistol rounds over a light charge for yard varmints and a 208gr load for stuff that's a little further out.

May work on a sub load for the AR when I get a better powder.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ran them across a chrony. 5 shots averaged 1875 with a spread of 32. Not bad for mixed brass and thrown together rounds.

As long as they don't string too much at 150yards and are within 2moa I'll probably run with it. Just looking for minute of coyote and I can throw these together pretty quick. Might go up .5gr and see if it hits the 2k mark I was looking for.

Sent from my HAL 9000

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    BTW my goto sub plinking round is 6gn of Trail Boss with a 150 plated Xtreme pill COAL 2.0. That's a little more powder that most recipies I've seen but it comes out of my Handi/Omega @~1000fps.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    BTW my goto sub plinking round is 6gn of Trail Boss with a 150 plated Xtreme pill COAL 2.0. That's a little more powder that most recipies I've seen but it comes out of my Handi/Omega @~1000fps.

I've got a bunch of 208s I want to use up before trying others. Still can't get subs to run a consistent velocity but hoping a powder change will fix that. I think the pressure is too low to keep them consistent from a 16" barrel.

Might try annealing the brass one of these days and see if that helps. Should have plenty of time to mess with it as the weather gets crappy.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You have some 4227 don't you? That should work great in a single shot.

That's what I was using before. Just couldn't get consistent velocities.

I'd lose speed with each shot, coating with One Shot helped.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Plated bullets may help though, I believe they have less friction, closer to lead cast.

Probably cheaper than Amax.....I need to get some AA1680 though, or whatever it was so I can run subs in the AR.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't have any of that either :laughing:

Right now I'm just loading with 4227 and thinking about some 110gr subs using trail boss. Only thing I don't like about that is having supers and subs that look identical.

Sent from my HAL 9000

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    How do you get that much TB in 300blk case?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Bud's appears to be the best but they are out of stock right now. I think their price is between $250 and $300.
    You'll see them in the market for closer to $300 now, $265 IF you're lucky. They're out of stock everywhere and I can't get them through any distributor... Unless you want it in .444 marlin!

Top Bottom