• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Dumbest accessory - the fake birdcage FH that came on my Chiappa M4gery. Held on by a 2mm set-screw, none of the slots are cut all the way through.

Sarcastic good thing - it completes the M4 "look" on the range.

Don't think they are stupid, actually I would like them if I lived in one of the few states that bans flash hiders on rifles. That way you don't have the stupid clinton era ban look to them.

Now the argument that the law that prohibits them is stupid is a whole other subject, which we both probably agree on.

From a manufacturing and marketing perspective I can see why they are sold that way, one less thing to worry about for the distributors. And really, how much good does it do on a .22???
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Don't think they are stupid, actually I would like them if I lived in one of the few states that bans flash hiders on rifles. That way you don't have the stupid clinton era ban look to them.

Now the argument that the law that requires them is stupid is a whole other subject, which we both probably agree on.

From a manufacturing and marketing perspective I can see why they are sold that way, one less thing to worry about for the distributors. And really, how much good does it do on a .22???

I've noticed that the rifle shoots better with the fake FH removed, oddly enough. With it attached, I'm lucky to get a 2" grouping with the ammo the rifle likes, but when I pull it off the groups shrink considerably, to less than an inch.

On the bright side, the little stub it bolts on to is the perfect size to be threaded, so I can always have that done and then bolt on something truly obnoxious.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find an AR grip with a rail on the bottom. If I find one, I can attach a bag slider and do a proper job of benchresting an AR pistol.

Weird, I know, but I like weird.

Not weird. I can see your point and makes perfect sense. I have not seen anything that fits that bill but will pay attention while roaming.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought an Olympic AR-15 off of a gun show table. It was an ugly thing with a black painted barrel and one of the "Fake suppressors" like you guys referenced. That rifle was intended only for dry firing practice so I didn't care what it looked like. It made me wonder what the Heck the builders were thinking when they assembled that rifle! It was a mess and the fake suppressor was a joke!

Well............I goofed up and actually shot that rifle in a match......fake suppressor and all. The darned thing shot so well that it soon became my favorite 200 yard match rifle! It saw several years of match shooting!

I sold some really nice AR's recently but that ugly Olympic is going nowhere!

Flash

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Not weird. I can see your point and makes perfect sense. I have not seen anything that fits that bill but will pay attention while roaming.

Make him one. It's not like AR pistol grips are expensive. Fill the grip hole with cement and stick a piece of rail in there.

Only thing is... Unless u figure out a way to screw it in from the top it'll be permanently mounted on the receiver.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...Fill the grip hole with cement and stick a piece of rail in there.

Only thing is... Unless u figure out a way to screw it in from the top it'll be permanently mounted on the receiver.
    Yeah, that would be a bit of a problem. However, I only need a couple of cross-slots and they don't have to be contiguous per the standard for Picatinny rails. Thus, if someone makes the grip I want, I assume there would still be a pretty big hole in the middle of the rail section.

I'm not going to start a business to do this but I wonder if there's enough of a market for accuracy-testing accessories for AR pistols to support an accessory pack to meet that need? It would include a rear grip with a bag rider bottom and a front rail attachment for use with a proper benchrest. The latter product is already on the market from multiple sources, such as: http://www.sinclairintl.com/shootin...t-equipment/benchrest-adapters-prod45123.aspx . Put the two together in one package and the AR pistol owner who wants to know how accurate their pistol really is would be all set.

The entire U.S. market for that product is probably 2 dozen people. Or have I underestimated the willingness of AR owners to bolt weird stuff onto their firearms? :)

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find an AR grip with a rail on the bottom. If I find one, I can attach a bag slider and do a proper job of benchresting an AR pistol.

Weird, I know, but I like weird.
    Not sure what you are calling a bag slider, but you may have a good idea on this

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ben,
    You are looking for a bag slider to mount on the pistol grip of an AR?
    Making sure I'm working the right direction. :)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Fill the grip hole with cement and stick a piece of rail in there.

Magpul MIAD/MOE
    Take removable storage compartment and drill and screw on or JB weld a rail section to it. Now you have a rail section that comes off with the storage compartment so you can remove the grip. If you got the MIAD you also replaceable back and front straps on your grip.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Magpul MIAD/MOE
    Take removable storage compartment and drill and screw on or JB weld a rail section to it. Now you have a rail section that comes off with the storage compartment so you can remove the grip. If you got the MIAD you also replaceable back and front straps on your grip.
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the pointer.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    This wins the battle....
    IMG_20171217_140216169.jpg

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Wouldn't you want the bewbs to be somewhere where you're a little more handsy?

Thinking more about the ballsy foregrip, why exactly do I want to be latched on to a handful of plastic nuts? And whoever thought that selling a set of blue balls was a good idea clearly isn't married. The last thing I need is a reminder of reality hanging off my rifle.

Top Bottom