• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Why does he need a higher post count to put up pictures??

Those are only for PMs and selling stuff IIRC.

Post them up.

Post limits are put in place to keep noobs/forum crashers from coming in and polluting a website. It also give the Moderators time to zip/ban them before it gets too bad.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm in! What a fascinating period in our world history.

Where I lived in Germany (Kirchgöns, Geißen, Butzbach, Freidberg and Brendoberndorf) is was a common, almost daily, occurrence for someone to be digging up undetonated bombs dropped by the U.S. and allies.

At that time a lot of the area towns were experiencing rapid growth and were spreading further and further into the country side.

The base at Kirchgöns where I spent most of my time had been a military base/outpost dating back to the Roman frontier as a part of the Upper Germanic Limes.

During WWII it was bombed into the stone age by wave after wave of U.S. and allied bombing groups due to its use by the Lüftwaffe as a recovery facility.

Once all of the German asses had been sufficiently kicked the U.S. Army saw it as perfectly strategically placed for protection of the Fulda Gap and built a nuke base (nuclear field artillery LOL) right on top of thousands of unexploded bombs and put it under the badass 3rd Armor Division (Spearhead).

Every time there was work being done on base; sidewalks, roads, building, inevitably bombs were dug up and most weren't very deep.

We used to joke during morning PT that one of us was doing jumping jacks on top of a massive bomb. We just didn't know who.

beachcomber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Allright. What an interest. Great! I am at work now and indeed, I was sleeping. I will take pics the second I come home. Your wait will not be long.
    I will already post some pics of when the bodies were found. I'm not going to post the actual remains themselves (yet). I have to think of a way to do it with the best respect I can imagine. All remains were interred with military honors.
    Excav3.be.jpg Excav2.be.jpg Excav1.be.jpg

The gloved hand is pointing at the remains which are still almost completely interred. The next picture is the gear the archaeologists deployed, the third is a pic of the dig and the police who always show up when remains are found.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Post limits are put in place to keep noobs/forum crashers from coming in and polluting a website. It also give the Moderators time to zip/ban them before it gets too bad.

I think we all know that. However there are members suggesting he does not have enough posts to put up pictures, that is what I am questioning. I did not think there was a min limit here on posting pictures.

Hope he comes back and does post up some pictures here, especially after the comments about the French that have been made in this thread. Remember those were young men fighting for the security of his country that died in combat facing the aggressor. I bet he does not take the same prejudiced and simpleminded view of those men that some on here seem to do with their comments. What pass as jokes here in the US can be deemed highly insulting there. The citizens of Belgium and France have been and are still very close in culture, history, families, etc. Don't think we would take some of what has been written very lightly if someone outside were insulting our families and history.

Sincerely hope he does not take the comments of a few as the views of the many here, and we have the opportunity to see some unique and special things.

beachcomber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    I bet he does not take the same prejudiced and simpleminded view of those men that some on here seem to do with their comments. What pass as jokes here in the US can be deemed highly insulting there.
    Don't worry, We are a civilized nation and we are able to see a joke for what it's worth. In all honesty, we're not too fond of the French either. Belgium was created to serve as a buffer between the perennial enemies France and Germany and in both world wars we have taken the brunt of the fighting. The French were more than happy to keep the slaughtering away from their land.
    Belgian history is a violent one, and always at the hand of a foreign power. Being small, we have been invaded by the Dutch, the French, the Austrians, the Spaniard, The Germans (twice) and in a further past the Romans, the Goths and the Franks.

beachcomber

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    And to make things clear: if it wasn't for the Americans, we would be speaking German here. So thanks for your sacrifice!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    And to make things clear: if it wasn't for the Americans, we would be speaking German here. So thanks for your sacrifice!

Thank you for sharing these incredible findings and for showing some respect for,our country.
    It often feels (from media portrayals) like the world hates us. It's nice to hear from somebody that doesn't feel that way.

Thanks again!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Allright. What an interest. Great! I am at work now and indeed, I was sleeping. I will take pics the second I come home. Your wait will not be long.
    I will already post some pics of when the bodies were found. I'm not going to post the actual remains themselves (yet). I have to think of a way to do it with the best respect I can imagine. All remains were interred with military honors.
    View attachment 30854 View attachment 30855 View attachment 30856

The gloved hand is pointing at the remains which are still almost completely interred. The next picture is the gear the archaeologists deployed, the third is a pic of the dig and the police who always show up when remains are found.

Appreciate the posts and the pictures. Please keep them coming.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Oli

your presence here has been a large benefit to our site. Thank you for posting those and we look forward to more as time permits. I am like many here and have a deep and unquenched thirst for knowledge of military history, American or otherwise.

We appreciate the insight into your world my friend and would love to entertain you some time on a future trip to Texas

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    View attachment 30854 View attachment 30855 View attachment 30856

Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to more if you have any.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Oli

your presence here has been a large benefit to our site. Thank you for posting those and we look forward to more as time permits. I am like many here and have a deep and unquenched thirst for knowledge of military history, American or otherwise.

We appreciate the insight into your world my friend and would love to entertain you some time on a future trip to Texas

Well said!

Top Bottom