• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Ok, I have my designs narrowed down to four back straps. Please provide feedback on what y'all find looks best. They are similar in grip...#7 has a bit more aggressiveness. One I get the favorites...I can make many more and start selling these things. Thanks!!!
    A2-4.jpeg This is #4

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Alright, first off I'm feeling lazy and only read about the first five posts here. Having said that; I've stippled Glock grips with a dollar store soldering iron with great results. I'm sure your M&P will turn out fine. It's simple and easy and I have every confidence you can do it. I started out on plastic flashlights.

DO NOT charge people for this service if you want to go that route. Modifying firearms in this manner requires a license and the last thing you want is an early morning door-busting from the ATF.

Edit: Okay, I see the results and you're already awesome. See? I told you it was easy!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    DO NOT charge people for this service if you want to go that route. Modifying firearms in this manner requires a license and the last thing you want is an early morning door-busting from the ATF.

Hmmmm....are you SURE about that? I've never heard of a grip manufacturer that had to have a license...

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Alright, first off I'm feeling lazy and only read about the first five posts here. Having said that; I've stippled Glock grips with a dollar store soldering iron with great results. I'm sure your M&P will turn out fine. It's simple and easy and I have every confidence you can do it. I started out on plastic flashlights.

Edit: Okay, I see the results and you're already awesome. See? I told you it was easy!

To be very blunt- did you even bother to read my entire thread? I am stippling the detachable rubber grip...in no way modifying the weapon itself. I doubt sir that any ATF agents will be coming to my door. Or were you mistaken in your remarks?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    To be very blunt- did you even bother to read my entire thread? I am stippling the detachable rubber grip...in no way modifying the weapon itself. I doubt sir that any ATF agents will be coming to my door. Or were you mistaken in your remarks?

Like I said, I was lazy. I'm about to doze off, but for now here is a letter from the ATF which seems to contradict my statement:

" ATF Rul.2009-1 that "engraving firearms is a process in which a decorative pattern is placed on the external metal of a firearm primarily for ornamental purposes. The engraving can be cut by hand or machine or pressed into the metal. There are other engraving techniques that cut designs into firearms such as checkering or scalloping. Any person who engages in an activity or process that primarily adds to or changes a firearms appearance by engraving the external surface of the firearm does not need to be licensed as a manufacturer under the Gun Control Act.""

I do remember reading somewhere that any cosmetic modification of a firearm needed an FFL. Whether that applies to grip swells is up for you to find out. My local laser engraver has an FFL and told me it was mandatory to work on guns. I personally wouldn't put anything past the ATF, which is why I never charge for work I do on firearms. But its your life.

Top Bottom