• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Hell, I want two. Fashion for non-carry and a gun belt once I get my CPL. Gotta wonder what they consider a 'medium weight' gun though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    In the end his childish tirades has brought a cool product to the pages of TGT. I would have more than likely not seen these belts or just stepped right over them. But now I am seriously looking at them since they look very cool. They will solve a big problem I have when wearing dress slacks for work and wanting to bring along my EDC.

I'll bet you can read a product description and order the right product, too, can't you? :)

Personal aside: I gave up $15 this week because I failed to notice I was ordering a slightly different SKU than I'd intended for the same product. I contacted the vendor and asked if it were possible to change the order to the cheaper SKU since it hadn't shipped but they said no, they come from different inventories so we'd have to cancel/re-order and the cancellation fee was more than $15.

Is that on them? No, it's on me. I made the order and confirmed each step. It would have been great had they said "sure, here's a $15 credit" but they didn't - and they're under no obligation to. I don't feel like I've been victimized, either. Go figure...

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don't know if the OP is telling the truth or not, but I can tell in a couple of seconds after looking at the product that it looks like a piece of junk, at least as far as quality gun belts go. You might as well go with the rigid nylon belts with Velcro.

You can get a Filson double bridle leather belt for about 80 bucks. They hold up well. Or go with a local leather maker, or some of the big names like Sparks, Rosen, Kramer, Alessi. I find that sometimes you need to just go with a slightly tighter size, the belt will then stretch a little bit and become more comfortable in a few days.

Where is that member here, can't remember his name, lives in Wisconsin and was arrested here at the capital for carrying a large blade? He knows belts, maybe he can chime in.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    "Top grain" is when they shave the leather in half and attach the top to another (usually synthetic) product by gluing it into a sandwich. Think veneer wood finish on a piece of furniture. "Full grain" is a whole intact chunk of cow hide. It has been tanned and shaped, but not split in half. Think saddle cinch strap or carriage harness. One delivers a cosmetic appearance of leather only. The other delivers the strength and durability of actual leather.
    Just looked at their website. Gun belts are made from "top-grain leather" with a polyurethane reinforcing strip in between the two layers. 'Course to me that's meaningless, since I have no idea what they mean by top-grain, full grain etc etc.

Kore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    I was the individual with Kore Essentials who dealt with this Customer (Doyle Sinclair) and his belt issue. I have the entire email thread saved and there is some key information that he's leaving out.

First, he openly admits he purchased one of our men's Fashion belts to use as an EDC Gun Belt. As a little background - we've been making fashion belts for 3 years now and they are the highest customer rated men's belt on Amazon -- BUT NOT intended to be used as an Gun Belt. They are made using soft supple, full-grain leather to hold up your pants and look good - Not to support the weight of a firearm. This fact is boldly stated in all our product descriptions. So he either chose to not read it, or ignored it. We just recently (9 mos. ago) began making our line of patent pending, ratchet style gun belts - the X1 and X2.

The customer said this in an email, (and we quote) "First of all, I realize that the belt I ordered was not specifically a gun belt. If you will look at the pictures I sent, you'd see that the problem had nothing to do with the belt having extra weight on it due to wearing a gun, because the problem is with the trimmed END of the belt. Your instructions specifically states that the end should be trimmed to fit. The end part of the belt where it was trimmed is where the problem occurred."

The reason the leather fashion belt came apart at the trimmed end (where it attaches to the buckle receptacle with teeth) is because of the extra weight and stress of the firearm is literally ripping the belt out of the buckle - at the trimmed end. It's NOT a Gun Belt. I explained that we've seen it happen 2-3 times before with customers using a 'fashion belt' as an 'gun belt'. The extra stress and weight of a firearm pulls the soft leather out of the buckle receptacle and tears it up. He didn't want to hear my explanation and felt I didn't know what I was talking about. I think mostly because he didn't want it to be 'his fault' and just wanted us to replace his torn-up fashion belt with a new leather gun belt.

Unbeknownst to him, however, is that the leather gun belt does NOT fit into the fashion buckle he had (it's not interchangeable and it says so on our website), so therefore we would need to give him the whole new gun buckle and belt set. Again, he didn't seem to grasp this...

Regardless of all this - we decided to send him a new set (gun buckle and gun belt) just to keep the 'good will' and move on. But before we could do so - he sent us an email that concluded with this statement...

"I am not asking for a replacement buckle, obviously I can use the buckle that I have (NO he can't - it's a fashion buckle and not interchangeable), but I would like for the belt itself to be replaced. If you cannot do this then I will just consider the fact that I have purchased an inferior product (No, you bought a fashion belt not gun belt) and I have been ripped off by an unethical and unscrupulous company and I will tell my story and post pics of the defective product on as many social media sites as I can find that include clothing, gun belts, consumer protection agencies, etc etc. How many customers can I warn about your reluctance to satisfy a paying customer about a defective products (he bought a fashion belt, not gun belt) and poor customer relations? How many sales will you lose? Hundreds? We'll see. I hate to do that, but as you can see from the pictures I sent, the belt is obviously defective. Just replace it."

The stuff above in parenthesis are my comments added to correct his misinformation. Which there is no shortage of. His threats made us take pause (this blog post is part of that threat). Who likes threats, when you're trying to help someone? Especially when it wasn't our fault. But in the end, even after the threats, we were going to send him a gun buckle and belt set - and then he told us to forget it and not to send him anything. So we disposed of the already printed shipping label and went about our business. Now true to his word, he is on this blog defaming our customer service, while leaving out vital parts of the interaction.

It's our goal to give great customer service at all times, and as proof we back up all our products with a 1 year warranty and have some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings on various ecommerce sites. Although, when you deal with thousands of folks - you can't please ever customer 100% of the time. Anyone that's dealt with the general public understands this.

Thanks for the opportunity to tell our side of the story !

Kore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    Additionally, Mr. Sinclair made some accusations that we threatened to give out his cc information. That is a complete and total LIE. It seems he's frustrated that his posts haven't had a greater impact. Conversely they have actually increased our gun belt sales recently.

As a company Kore Essentials as been in business for over 3 years online and holds an A++ rating with all of our cc processors, including PayPal. We don't store or keep the cc information, the cc processors do. Even if we did, we would never disseminate such information. That would be unethical and illegal.

Thanks for opportunity to set the record straight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If anything, you have probably gained customers due to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    We have had a number of questions here about our patent pending ratchet gun belts.

If you do happen to look at our leather Gun belts. Please make sure you visit our Gun Belt category - not fashion belts. The belts are 1.5" wide, reinforced, top-grain leather. Buckles are high-grade alloy. They are designed for light to med. weight EDC (IWB or OWB) firearms up to about 3 lbs. They can carry more, but these are not tactical gun belts, but rather for dress, casual, work and play - around town.

Does anyone have any recommends for places to review ?

Thanks !

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I love reading posts where people will come in and act like the homeless guy that waves his one inch tool at passerbys on the corner while screaming "JESUS LOVES YOU" at the top of his lungs. It is even funnier when someone walks by and casually sprays said tool with pepper spray.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    So a guy who just does not like my posts can come in and insult me, but my post gets deleted. I see how it is.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    It would be a complete piece of leather. That has worked for thousands of years, pretty sure it would be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It might be the best belt ever made. All I'm saying is that there have been a lot of full grain belts that have sucked too, at least for carry. This belt might be awesome. I just kind of doubt it and I am wary of the whole way this company entered the radar here. I never heard of them before this, I'm sure many of you haven't either .

Hope y'all buy some and test them out. Let me know how they work out.

Top Bottom