• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Curious to learn what problems you had with ZFS. I've got a FreeNAS box running as a test bed right now, but haven't had the time to really beat on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understood that most issues with ZFS had to do with earlier version and or using 32 bit architecture across some of the x86 chip sets (which IMO were out of date the day they were released, but I was a Motorola guy for many many years and IMO there chip sets had a better architecture, was sorry to see them drop out of that segment of the market)...I may well be wrong

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    I have an Element 32" TV bought from wally world a few months ago. Pretty damn good tv. Speakers dont sound like wet farts when the volume is past a certain level (usually have to set mines on 5-7). My PS3 and PS2 both work great on it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Curious to learn what problems you had with ZFS.
    I wish I could tell you. I tossed all my troubleshooting notes when I abandoned it. IIRC, I couldn't find a way to make whole-disk encryption work with ZFS. After enough installation errors, I gave up.
    I understood that most issues with ZFS had to do with earlier version and or using 32 bit architecture across some of the x86 chip sets...
    I was experimenting with it when it first appeared, so that may have had something to do with it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    IMAG0835.jpg
    fedex sucks. No external damage visible, just a busted internal screen.

Called wally world, yep, 1 in stock, bring it in.
    20 minutes later, we're fixed up.

Good sound, decent picture. Need to piddle on settings some more.
    Very little heat from the unit, front or back.
    Definitely going with the keyboard and mouse for web apps.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Well my tv is acting up, I get 3 red LED flashes after the tv has been off a few min. And I never to unplug the TV to get it to turn on. Grrrrrr

Now in reading CONNs has a 15% restocking fee. I'm gonna bich about a 4 day old tv

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ok. The new "tube" is mighty nice.
    Were still doing dvd. Is blueray worth it? We redbox some. Really leaning more toward netflix now that the TV is "on line".

Help!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Were still doing dvd. Is blueray worth it? We redbox some. Really leaning more toward netflix now that the TV is "on line".

We've cut cable television to one step above basic service, in favor of Netflix almost exclusively.

We use AppleTV and Roku3, but bluray is an excellent way to get NetFlix.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Well my tv is acting up, I get 3 red LED flashes after the tv has been off a few min. And I never to unplug the TV to get it to turn on. Grrrrrr

Now in reading CONNs has a 15% restocking fee. I'm gonna bich about a 4 day old tv
    Turns out our xfinity X1 main box does not work w our new TV, Worked fine w our 6-7yr old sony 52.

After spending 1 on holdand calling 3x w Sony, tba last tech said the box causes the flashing LED's and he was right.

We switched our upstairs box w the main box, and it seems to work for now.

They main box has a 17v converter where the smaller box has a 12v. That may be they problem

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

Race, I cannot believe you bought at CON JOBS. I went in there once and had to take a shower after I left.

Best price is COSTCO and SAM's + the ability to bring it back if you are not happy for any reason, NO restocking fee, no BS.

Top Bottom