Texas SOT

Shooting at Red’s indoor range this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I heard that there was a shooting at Red’s Sunday. Does anyone have any news on it? I can’t find much information on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Don't you just love how 2 different media outlets have 2 different stories! One suspicious the other an accident
    If you are going by the links I posted I think you might have misread something.

From first link: "No further details have been made available, but police suggested the shooting appears to be accidental."

From second link: "No additional information has been released, although the incident is not being investigated as suspicious, police said."

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would even go in there. Expensive, dangerous/disregard for safety, counter help with bad attitudes, unbearably loud. Just an all around f*cked up place to shoot.

It’s the closest range around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bitbanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would even go in there. Expensive, dangerous/disregard for safety, counter help with bad attitudes, unbearably loud. Just an all around f*cked up place to shoot.

It's cheaper than the next closest range to me (Shady Oaks), I've only observed one blatant safety issue and the RSO handled it quickly and decisively and the counter folks have usually ranged from workman like to friendly. It is certainly very loud, but the separate pistol/rifle lanes help a bit. I personally prefer Shady Oaks or The Range, but Red's is closer, cheaper, and has longer hours which allows me to shoot more often than I could otherwise. This is the Pflugerville location BTW, I've only been to Red's south a couple of times.

That said, I really do wish they would state whether or not the "self inflicted" gunshot was intentional or not. If it was, then, well, there ya go. If it wasn't, I'd really like to know what happened since, as sad as these things might be, there can be something learned from them (or to add to my "keep an eye out for others doing ..." list).

Chaseme

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Austin, TX
    It's cheaper than the next closest range to me (Shady Oaks), I've only observed one blatant safety issue and the RSO handled it quickly and decisively and the counter folks have usually ranged from workman like to friendly. It is certainly very loud, but the separate pistol/rifle lanes help a bit. I personally prefer Shady Oaks or The Range, but Red's is closer, cheaper, and has longer hours which allows me to shoot more often than I could otherwise. This is the Pflugerville location BTW, I've only been to Red's south a couple of times.

That said, I really do wish they would state whether or not the "self inflicted" gunshot was intentional or not. If it was, then, well, there ya go. If it wasn't, I'd really like to know what happened since, as sad as these things might be, there can be something learned from them (or to add to my "keep an eye out for others doing ..." list).

This quote from the latest KVUE article suggests suicide was intentional: "Due to the sensitive nature of this case and to respect the family, no further information will be provided," the city official said.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...ds-indoor-range-in-pflugerville/269-585603633

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

Bullet holes all over the building is enough for me to stay the h*ll out of that place.

Top Bottom