• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    10th grade, remember waiting for class to start and the teacher rushed in and turned on the TV. They got a call saying to turn all the televisions off but she left it on anyways. Think we were released just before lunch that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    At work. Not a productive day. Watched tv in dispatch room most all day. Prayed a lot and ran the gamut of emotions.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I was with my 3rd grade class walking to P.E. class. When we arrived at the gym, three teachers were glued to a tv that always sat on a cart in the gym. We went to P.E. class like normal, and when we went back to class, our teacher told us what happened.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Getting ready for work and saw the second plane hit. Until then we thought it was an accident.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Was at work 35 minutes away from the towers, and it was the day I became a Patriot and a Libertarian (although I didn't realize it until years later). Driving into NYC from then on always put a tear into my eye.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I was supervising heavy equipment around Frisco. Heard on the radio the first reports of the first plane and thought it was just a small private plane accident. As the news unfolded, I went to a gas station and started watching it on TV. As a plane slammed into a tower the attendant said something like, "wow I can't believe how they caught that on film." I noticed it was the second impact, mentioned it and everyone in the gas station gasped and started shuffling out, presumably to get somewhere they felt safe.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I was in class and we turned on the tv and saw the news. They kept us on campus the rest of the day but nobody did any school work.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I was in my 7th grade Spanish class. An announcement came on that all teacher needed to turn on the tv. We continued thru all of our classes as usual but we didn't do any work. Just sat with our eyes glued to the tv.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I was in 6th grade art class. Teacher wouldn't let us watch it. Got home and learned of the aftermath.

I will say this, I am getting seriously fucking fed up with these conspiracy theorists. Today is not the day for that bullshit.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    As part of the Boy Scout Troop I'm involved in as Scout Master we put up flags early in the AM and take them down at dusk. Here's a pic of a street that almost all the houses participate.

imag0194t.jpg

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Sophomore year at A&M, had been hanging out at the GF's dorm room. Headed out to class, I heard some chatter on the bus. When I got to west campus it was all over the tv's. Our teacher who grew up in England felt it was important to go on with life (class) despite the tragedy.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That's a great picture matefrio!

Huntsville: word finally got out by @ noon, all observed flags now at half staff

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It was the morning of my 46th birthday.

Made some coffee and turned on the morning news.

Saw the first report of an airplane crashing into one of the towers on the CBS morning show.

Reporters said it was a small civilian aircraft, and spoke of the crash of an Army Air Corps B-25 Bomber onto the Empire State Building on July 25th, 1945, and that crash did not cause catastrophic damage to the building.

Based on that observation, they reckoned that a small privately piloted aircraft could not have done too much damage either.

After a while, with the tower burning, and the news reporters confused ...

A second airplane struck the other tower... caught live on the broadcast.

It took a while for the realization to sink in ... we had been attacked.

The crashes into the Pentagon and a farmer's field in Pennsylvania reinforced that notion.

The live coverage of the World Trade Centers burning continued long after they collapsed.

Today, those images have been purged from our popular culture.

R.I.P.

TX1980Al

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wylie
    It was my Sophomore Year in college, At UNT. I was driving to my WWII History class, parked and walked into the commons area. I was late to class so when I saw people looking at TV's I didn't pay it any mind. I walked into class and it was on TV. The first tower was already smoking, and shortly after the second plane hit. I can't tell you how erie that felt when I saw that second plane hit. It made me realize what had happened, not an accident but a blatant attack on U.S. soil that we haven't seen since Pearl Harbor. It seemed like hours went by watching coverage about what had happened, a plane crashing into the Pentagon, and a plane crashing into the countryside of rural Pennsylvania.

I have family in PA and MA and immediately called them to make sure every one I knew was ok, them feeling the same shock that I felt. My sister works for AAFES and I called her to see what was going on. Thank God they were all ok.

I drove home from school and talked to my roommate and best bud about what had happened. We were shocked, pissed, just outraged at what had happened.

I have always been patriotic, flying the American Flag whenever I can, thanking Soldiers for what they do, etc. I still ask myself today if there was something more I can do to do my part on the homefront. I have friends that are in the service, and I pray for them daily, try to contact them as much as possible and make sure that they know that there are Americans at home that care for, respect them, support them, etc. I will always be appriciateive of what you servicemen/servicewomen do and have done for us. The years of service, friends you have lost, pain you have suffered, lack of family time you have had, and the absolute disrespect some people have given you is not taken lightly by this American. THANK YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN!!!

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    At work on a construction site. Americredit in Arlington. Call came in from the foreman's girlfriend that a plane hit the WTC. Soon after, the GC shut the job down and sent us all home. Made it home and watched TV the rest of the day, watched them come down. Never been more pissed off in my life.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The weather here today was unusually crisp and cool, with clear blue skies. It's almost exactly the weather we had 11 years ago today. A group of us left the plant on the Ship Channel and headed into the poorest part of Houston to repair and paint an old lady's house as part of a United Way project. We heard about the first plane just as we left. As we worked, we worried about how broad these attacks were - about our friends and family scattered around the country. We sent someone to buy a portable TV so we could keep up with the news. I happened to be chipping paint near the front door when the daughter of the lady in the house stopped to visit her mother. As she left, she stopped and said to me, "Y'all are doing a very good thing on a very bad day." I remember that and the terrible silence of the sky as all airline traffic stopped above all else from that day.

That sentence was more than an idle comment. It summarizes the difference between us and the terrorists. We built those towers, and those planes. We had heroes who stopped one flight, heroes that ran into a death trap to try to save others, and heroes that tried in vain to rescue survivors. Those of us working on that house chose to fight against poverty by using our labor to make someone's life better. All the terrorists can do is kill and destroy. They don't have the intelligence or the heart to do what's right. We out number them by a vast majority. They only have the power over us that we let them have.

So now there are those upset because Osama Bin Laden might have been killed without a gun in his hand. None of those innocent people in the WTC or on those planes were pointing a gun at his goons. I won't lose a second of sleep knowing that rat bastard is now fish food.

Top Bottom