• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It was 11 years ago, September 11th 2001, I remember getting to school very early that day for marching band practice (was a 14 year old freshman in high school) so we were outside all morning, came in, packed up, and waited for the bell to ring for second period as we all went about our normal routine completely oblivious as to what was unfolding in our country. Bell finally rang and we went about our way as we normally did although there was something different about this morning, the usual chaos of a high school hallway seemed almost non existent as everyone went to their lockers and straight to class, little did I know that as I walked into my US history class I was about to witness live what I'm sure is in the history books now. The lights were dimmed, classmates completely silent, and the tv on, not a word was spoken as we watched in horror at the events unfolding before our eyes. This was the routine for the rest of the day and being so close to two naval bases (Ingleside and Corpus Christi) our school was put on lockdown, when we were finally released I waited on the bus to pick us up for what seemed like an eternity. Once I got home I immediately turned the tv on to stay updated, I figured I had better call my mom at work to let her know I was home safe, you could hear the relief in her voice and she asked me to call when my sisters got home on the later bus. I can't tell you much about my time in high school, not half my teachers names, my girlfriends eye colors, nor what my final gpa was but I will never forget that day. If that event never happened or we wouldn't have went to war I can't honestly say I would have chose to wear my country's uniform or willingly deploy to a combat zone such as I have but I will never forget.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I was in a Houston highrise at San Felipe and the W. loop. They released us within the hour thinking the Transco Tower could be a target.

What pissed me off in my little world was the bus driver bringing home my 9yr old told them. The 'school' had kept mum about it, presumably to let parents handle the matter.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Was in my last semester of college, walked into the student lounge and saw the events unfolding live. Shortly there after finishing college I was on a plane to Fort Knox.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I was walking between class and my pager went off. I was a Vol Firefighter right outside of Houston and there was a plane that wasnt landing so we all started to head downtown.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at work. Saw the second airliner hit and later the towers coming down.

Remember the 3,000+ who died in a terrorist attack. Never forget!

gavepeaceachancewtc.gif

gwb8568

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    S. Austin
    A day off in the oilfield so I was sleeping in. Wife was getting ready for work and had the news on. She woke me up and told me a plane had hit one of the towers in NYC and I immediately thought of a small plane dealing with inexperience or fog or weather or navigation malfunction. I started watching because it kept burning so violently and then realized it was a commercial jet.......then the next one hit. I stayed glued to the TV the rest of the day (and days to follow) not believing what had just happened in my lifetime. God Bless the USA !!!!

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I was in the fourth grade. I knew it was some sort of bombing, but until I saw the other plane hit, I didnt understand what it really was or the magnitude of it. God bless all that fell that day. Never forget, and ALWAYS stand together.

6speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    S.A.
    Was crashed out on a friends living room floor when he kicked me to wake me up after the first plane hit. Watched the rest happen in utter shock. Instead of going back to school the next spring semester I joined the Coast Guard. Semper Paratus. Never forget.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Huntsville: Walker County courthouse, multiple prisons, local bank, flags are full staff

Whataburger: half staff ~ Salute Whataburger

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I had just gotten off the graveyard shift. Hadnt even turned the tv on. One of my friends on ICQ asked me how close I was to NY. I said, im not, why? She told me and I stayed glued to the tv.
    God Bless The USA and remembering those who lost their lives that day and the others who fought as a result of this tragedy.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I woke up 11 years ago to news reports that a passenger just had crashed into one of the two towers of the World Trade Center. I listened to the radio and as I went to work another jet flew into the second tower. Coworkers and I sat glued as news of a crash into the Pentagon and then a crash into a field in Pennsylvania. Then the towers fell.

I mourn for the lives lost. I mourn more though, on this day of remembrance, for the loss of freedoms that have been traded for a false sense of security and the unchecked new powers given to the Government.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I was at work when the news reported that a plane had struck one of the towers. Someone found a small hand held TV that we went outside to try and get better reception. A few minutes later the second plane hit the second. And for some reason the fact that there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was such a clear and beautiful day out sticks with me as well.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    I was sitting in my 5th grade classroom waiting to start the day when our clearly shaken principal came on the intercom to inform us what had happened. It wasn't until later that day I fully understood what had happened.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I was in the 56th floor of Transco tower at work. Someone said a plane hit on of the towers. A bunch of us ran into conference room to watch TV. We saw the plane hit the second one. The building was evacuated soon after that. I was glued to my TV for days.

Mxfreak_24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Keller, TX
    I was only in 3rd grade. Our day was pretty uneventful as I remember. For the most part we didn't do any actual work, the teachers pretty much just gave us free time but I remember a lot of teachers coming and going in our classroom all day long. I just remember all of my friends were being pulled out of school, but remembered thinking to myself "They're not sick, why do they get to leave?" I got pulled out early by my mom who was crying but I didn't know why. She explained to me in the car what had happened. I don't remember much else than that though.

Rest in peace to all those who lost their lives on that day. And thank you to all those who have put themselves in harms way so that we can live in this amazing country that we do.

Top Bottom