• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I had a body shop behind my house at the time. I called the 5 people that worked for my into my house and we watched a lot of it. We tried to get back to work later in the afternoon but it was pointless.

That's the day I started paying attention to politics.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    At the time that 911 happened I was an engineer for a company that built wide format inkjet printers (Think billboards and city buses wrapped in graphics). I started my day ironing my shirt for work while listening to the radio. The big news for the morning was that Michael Jordan was coming back to the NBA. Drove to work and went directly into a directors meeting. We were talking about a problem that we were having with a CNC program that I had written.

An assistant came into the room and told us that someone had flown a plane into one of the trade towers in NYC. We all thought it was an errant private pilot and continued our meeting.

It wasn't until we got a report of the second plane that we realized the gravity of the situation.

I was scheduled to fly to Youngstown, PA on the 12th. I ended up driving. All across America I saw American flags flown from houses, businesses, churches etc...

I remember watching George Bush's speech from the rubble in NYC. At that point we were not Republicans or Democrats. We weren't black, brown or white. Our chosen religion didn't sway us. We were Americans and soon we were pissed off Americans.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I remember watching George Bush's speech from the rubble in NYC. At that point we were not Republicans or Democrats. We weren't black, brown or white. Our chosen religion didn't sway us. We were Americans and soon we were pissed off Americans.

It's a damn shame it takes a national tragedy and terrorist attack to unify us as a nation. I don't understand all these people that preach "diversity". That is what tears this nation apart, when you get down to it. UNITY is what we need.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    It's a damn shame it takes a national tragedy and terrorist attack to unify us as a nation. I don't understand all these people that preach "diversity". That is what tears this nation apart, when you get down to it. UNITY is what we need.

Diversity by its own term and definition is anti-unity. It is divisive. We are under attack from all sides every day and the last thing the enemies of freedom want is for us to stand unified. They are using the old "divide and conquer" strategy and it is working.

Top Bottom