• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    just jk, in semi-auto shotguns, I have Rem 1100's, Benelli's, and Beretta's. While there is no disputing the 1100's quality, I'll second the vote to look at the Beretta's. While I am not familiar with current pricing, I think that the fit and finish of a Beretta is a couple steps up from the 1100, and may be worth the extra expense.

Last but not least, congratulations on your son's graduation.
    Guns International

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lol, anyway, on a side note, one of my hunting buddies broke his 1100 in half last year, the sock completely separated from the barrel. Fortunately it was the end of the day. The gun was bought new for like 200 bucks, if that gives you any idea how old it is.

Now me personally, if I'm doing a graduation gift, for pomp, and to take skeet shooting and show off to your buddies (and yes I know price range is completely different) it would have to me an o/u.

I'd be really tempted if I were you to find an old model Remington, Didn't they do a major design change on the new ones?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I've owned a Remington 1100 for over thirty years. It is a quality product. Not one failure, even when blasting empty soda cans high into the air (yes, that WAS stupid).

Benelli makes the M2, a very fine semi-auto shotgun, suitable both for upland hunting and personal defense.

Average on-line price is about $1,050.

My next semi-auto shotty will be the Benelli.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I love shotguns. I don't know why, but they, like a top end 1911 are just things that make me happy just looking at and holding.

With shotguns, I'm a O/U double guy. I've got a Winchester 101 20Ga that I bought back in the late 70's. I've just got to take it out of the safe every 6 weeks or so and fondle it. So, if you can swing the price, maybe look at at Browning Citori. Not top end as doubles go, but a well respected O/U in te $1200 price range. It will also hold value very well. In 10 years or so, if cared for properly, it will probably bring more than that in resale. I paid $650 for my 101, and I'm sure I can get over $1000 today.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i have two browning o/u's and love them - and i'm like you - when i started buying guns - i had to have a shotgun......

Top Bottom