• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    well because fathers always know best :)

i dont think his research was done all that thoroughly.....so if there is a better option, i'd like to get him that

i did add this to the thread

but for clarification -and to ensure that i dont hurt anybody's feelings

let me reiterate - my son wants a shotgun for graduation - he wants EITHER A remington 1100 or comparable model - he used the Remington 1100 as "this is what i'm looking at"

my sincerest apologies for not being more clear in the original post - i really didnt think that i'd need to get down in the weeds of the entire conversation my son and I had - i simply asked "what other models do you consider to be a better option - if at all"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    NOTHING IS BETTER, i HAVE SHOT THE 1100 AND NOTHING ELSE SO I KNOW FOR A FACT IT IS THE BEST!

I'M A SENIOR MEMBER, I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT DAMMIT!

Sorry, just wanna lighten the mood, damn grouches. Damn mondays....

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    lol - jeez.....louise

sorry folks....i may very well get the 1100 -he's not married to the idea of ONLY AN 1100

i simply want to see if there are other options........thats all!

you dont have to copy/paste a link to Remington's quality and point out that i'm an idiot for going with something else

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    West Point graduation is a big deal. I would not skimp on this one. Take him to the Beretta Gallery in Highland Park, and let him browse the selection. You might find that he would be willing to match your funding with some of his own and get a nice gun. Not talking a multiple thousand dollar gun, but a good solid hunting gun with very nice wood. The galleries get the choice wood on their guns, so it should be nicer than what you will find at Bass Pro or something. Make this an event he will remember. They can help you fit it also.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hell other than the siaga's, benelli's and spas 12's i don't know that I've even seen another semi shotty, thats my knowledge base on the subject, I just figured I'd give my thoughts on the 1100, get whatever damn shotgun you think he'll like.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    yes, i did....on other guns - thanks for your input

valuable!
    There's no place here for a snarky "you're an idiot" tone

Bwhaha
    Seriously jk, I didn't mean to come across that way at all. I was simply saying get him what he wants. THAT IS ALL there was to it.

When Younggun speaks ... everyone (should but rarely do) listens

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    There's no place here for a snarky "you're an idiot" tone

Bwhaha
    Seriously jk, I didn't mean to come across that way at all. I was simply saying get him what he wants. THAT IS ALL there was to it.

When Younggun speaks ... everyone (should but rarely do) listens

sorry - didnt mean to come across that way. be well!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    beretta gallery in HP - wasnt aware of that but now i have some place to go spend a couple of hours this weekend! :)

Let us know what you think. Tell the wife it's like an art gallery, that has a few guns in the back, and she will have plenty to look at for the house and closet.

Don't be afraid to tell them what you want to do, they treat their customers well in there. I try to stop there every trip I make through the metroplex, even if it is just to pick up a few shirts or somehting off their clearance section.

bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    I have a Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard that will shoot at anything and has some great wood furniture to admire. My Remington experience is all 11-48s Skeet: 410, 28, 20 and 12 and prior to that a 870 VR wingmaster that I put a Lyman Cutts compensator on to soften the recoil on them high flying ducks.
    Back then we had 4 drams of powder in a 2 3/4" shotshell. (pre-steel shot)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hard too beat the 1100, IMO. Tried a couple rounds of skeet this weekend, one round an old timer joined us with his 1100 and kicked ass. Pretty sure all he did was scre in an extended choke and put a cutom-fitted stock on it. It even still had the original black plastic fore end. They're popular enough to have very good aftermarket support, and the popularity is for a reason.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Hard too beat the 1100, IMO. Tried a couple rounds of skeet this weekend, one round an old timer joined us with his 1100 and kicked ass. Pretty sure all he did was scre in an extended choke and put a cutom-fitted stock on it. It even still had the original black plastic fore end. They're popular enough to have very good aftermarket support, and the popularity is for a reason.

+1, its pretty well received and well rounded. i thought of buying one but went with a 930 spx instead.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    If I were getting another semi auto it would be another 1100. The only problem I ever had was one broken O ring soon after purchase. I assume it had sat for a while and dried out but has been good for over 10 yrs since. They are classics for a reason. Don't have experience with any other semi auto shotguns for comparison.

I agree with the 1100 choice. I used mine for over 25 years every dove season. Never had a problem. I changed the O rings once just because I thought it was time. Best semi auto I have owned. My 2c.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom