• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    THE ONE AND ONLY positive is he understands APD needs staffing, and that to get hires will require paying for the skills and professionalism they want. So to that end, it could be worse and without a direct policy influence APD will be somewhat insulated from his whims and with him (presumably) advocating for pay and hiring it may be a net positive despite his shady, slimy politics.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    He hates citizens with guns so he is unfit to even be an American citizen.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Lol...

He was "one of the boys" ... who was chief when Dusterhoff and the rest of the brass were out partying?

Who ordered officer to disregard policy about reporting family disturbances when his wife confronted him over his extra-curricular activities?

He was charismatic, he does a good job in front of the cameras, and did good things pushing good tactics, but ultimately he was shady AF and would stab officers in the back, hanging them out to dry so he could look tough knowing the department would be forced to rehire after arbitration.

Glad he's gone and hope he never returns as a chief anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Same thing when he came to Houston. I really can't add much more to it other than he left a mile long shit stain on the department that we're still trying to clean up. I've heard more than one story of him being intoxicated at public events, officers being sent to investigate, and then told to turn off their body cameras upon arrival. That guy is a snake, and Miami figured it out quick.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Why do cities keep hiring this guy?

Because he plays the game in these liberal areas. He's a hire that isn't going to question the directives of his masters in city government. Also, candidates that you and I would generally agree with and see as a "good" Chief, would never attempt to apply for positions where Avocado does/did. They know they wouldn't even be a choice in the process.

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    On top of all that, here's another head-scratcher.....

"He will be paid $271,000 as an interim assistant city manager. Acevedo will supervise the Austin Police Department (APD) and serve as a liaison between APD and the city manager’s office."

271 Large?? For that screw-up? Geez.....this is why we can't have nice things......

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Everywhere he ends up, he gets fired.
    Only Awwsten is stupid enough to hire him back.
    That shows you how truly stupid those people there are.
    I wonder how badly it will affect the APD.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Looks like we have a new communist on the site, and he still licks the leftist boots after two folks( at least two) that worked for that piece of shit have commented on what a piece of shit he is.

Yeah, those implying it is a lefty are giving the meter too much leeway to the right.

It is farrrrr to the left of “lefty”

Last edited:

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Looks like we have a new communist on the site, and he still licks the leftist boots after two folks( at least two) that worked for that piece of shit have commented on what a piece of shit he is.

Yeah, those implying it is a lefty are giving the meter too much leeway to the right.

It is farrrrr to the left of “lefty”
    Well they installed a Vegetable in the WH.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    First of all, it was a joke to a question about those who believe he would be a dictator. Basically meaning like a new boss taking over a corporation.
    Reminds me about a saying from the Trump years:

Conservatives take Trump seriously, but not literally. Liberals take him literally, not seriously.

This is why liberals think Trump's re-election is the end of democracy, even thought the things they accuse him of planning to do are things they are doing right now.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Top Bottom