• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Ruger CS.

I sent this to them, and they sent me back a new pistol.

ETA - I bought a couple boxes of stuff at an estate sale, and this was in the bottom. Looks like an overcharge by some handloader.

D9CC1EBB-A0C0-4DF3-8037-FCEBCB03EB47.jpeg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

NikelATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2023
    Round Rock Texas
    I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Ruger CS.

I sent this to them, and they sent me back a new pistol.

ETA - I bought a couple boxes of stuff at an estate sale, and this was in the bottom. Looks like an overcharge by some handloader.

View attachment 384840
    Good to know—I feel a lot more confident buying something from them knowing they have good customer service and stand behind their products when there’s an issue.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Yup. Other than a few issues I had with an SR22 some 15 years+- back, I haven't had any issue(s) with Ruger products. And I don't recall how long the turn around was back then, but I don't remember it being more than a couple weeks, if that long. And nobody has said anything to me about what was sold to, or transferred to them so...

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Ruger does have good CS, but they can be a bit stingy.

For example, if you have a problem with the BCG on an AR, or need, say, a new firing pin for a mini, the rifle has to go back to ruger.

I had a 10/22 takedown that had the barrel block come loose, i asked ruger what type of loctite and torque value, and they wouldn't tell me anything other than to send in the entire rifle.

My Mkiv just will not function when suppressed. Different ammo, different suppressors, new springs, clean, dirty, dry, wet, nada. Sent it back to ruger and no change. When other projects get cleared up I'm going to buy a frame from tandemkross to see if that'll do anything.

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    Mine shoots well, I haven't run it a whole lot, but its very handy. It is incredibly blasty though, in the 16" version. Me and my buddy each have one, only one serial number apart interestingly enough, and I can't be beside him when he shoots, I have to be behind him. For the person firing, its not bad. For everyone else it sucks.
    The people griping about the BCG are right. Staking is weak, and the bolt is the same diameter as an AR15 bolt.
    Do you trust Ruger engineering and materials? How much so? is the question I was asking myself when I was comparing Rugers BCG to an AR15 and AR10.

gas key comparison.jpg

308ar bolt head comparison.jpg

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Mine shoots well, I haven't run it a whole lot, but its very handy. It is incredibly blasty though, in the 16" version. Me and my buddy each have one, only one serial number apart interestingly enough, and I can't be beside him when he shoots, I have to be behind him. For the person firing, its not bad. For everyone else it sucks.
    The people griping about the BCG are right. Staking is weak, and the bolt is the same diameter as an AR15 bolt.
    Do you trust Ruger engineering and materials? How much so? is the question I was asking myself when I was comparing Rugers BCG to an AR15 and AR10.

View attachment 392743

View attachment 392744
    Didn’t realize it only had one bolt on the gas key. That bolt is pretty interesting too. Thanks for the pictures.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ruger does have good CS, but they can be a bit stingy.

For example, if you have a problem with the BCG on an AR, or need, say, a new firing pin for a mini, the rifle has to go back to ruger.

I had a 10/22 takedown that had the barrel block come loose, i asked ruger what type of loctite and torque value, and they wouldn't tell me anything other than to send in the entire rifle.

My Mkiv just will not function when suppressed. Different ammo, different suppressors, new springs, clean, dirty, dry, wet, nada. Sent it back to ruger and no change. When other projects get cleared up I'm going to buy a frame from tandemkross to see if that'll do anything.
    And why did they want it to come back? Liability. Don't blame Ruger for our litigious society.

They tell you how to do it, something goes wrong. You sue them.

The couple of times I had to use Ruger CS, it was excellent. Paid shipping both ways. Had the gun picked up at my door. Very quick turnaround. Threw in some extra mags with the return as an apology.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    And why did they want it to come back? Liability. Don't blame Ruger for our litigious society.

They tell you how to do it, something goes wrong. You sue them.

The couple of times I had to use Ruger CS, it was excellent. Paid shipping both ways. Had the gun picked up at my door. Very quick turnaround. Threw in some extra mags with the return as an apology.
    DSA, Beretta, glock, S&W, and plenty of others have been more than happy to give me torque values and other various pieces of advice, most of which were far more complicated and involved than the 2 screws ruger uses for the takedowns barrel block.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    DSA, Beretta, glock, S&W, and plenty of others have been more than happy to give me torque values and other various pieces of advice, most of which were far more complicated and involved than the 2 screws ruger uses for the takedowns barrel block.
    Wait until they lose a lawsuit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What lawsuit over firearms repair has ruger lost? Beretta is older than the United States, I'm sure they have a lot more to loose than ruger.
    You are absolutely right!

No company has ever been sued for product liability. Beretta would be totally devastated and ruined by a lawsuit, while Ruger would just laugh.

Ruger just does this to be a pain in the tail. Just to be different from every other manufacturer.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You are absolutely right!

No company has ever been sued for product liability. Beretta would be totally devastated and ruined by a lawsuit, while Ruger would just laugh.

Ruger just does this to be a pain in the tail. Just to be different from every other manufacturer.
    I never said nobody got sued, i just want you to show me why.

Their stellar CS isn't quite as good as people make it out to be. They won't help you troubleshoot and they won't help you tighten down a screw properly.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Did you actually read those? The recall on old model Blackhawks has nothing to do with my complaints against ruger CS.
    You asked for lawsuits against Ruger. Do your own research if you aren't satisfied.

You may not think companies get sued for stuff you think is stupid. But remember McD's got sued for someone spilling coffee in their lap. And they lost the lawsuit.

If you ever worked in manufacturing, you would know that corporate counsel strongly advises against telling people things like what you want to know. If S&W wants to take that risk, fine. I'm all for it. If Ruger chooses not to take that risk, I understand having worked in the corporate world.

Feel free to carry on the conversation. On your own.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You asked for lawsuits against Ruger. Do your own research if you aren't satisfied.

You may not think companies get sued for stuff you think is stupid. But remember McD's got sued for someone spilling coffee in their lap. And they lost the lawsuit.

If you ever worked in manufacturing, you would know that corporate counsel strongly advises against telling people things like what you want to know. If S&W wants to take that risk, fine. I'm all for it. If Ruger chooses not to take that risk, I understand having worked in the corporate world.

Feel free to carry on the conversation. On your own.
    I asked for a specific lawsuit. Everyone has been sued, yet much larger companies manage to assist the customer despite that.

The fact you bring up the McDonald's lawsuit tells me all i need to know. That coffee was so hot it required skin grafts. Furthermore she tried to settle for compensation of her medical bills, but McDonald's just tried to give her $800. So they went to court.

You don't know what you're talking about, and have wasted our time. Congrats

xsefan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2022
    Whitney
    Ruger I'd a good company with bad quality control. I have had 4 or 5 revolvers come I. Looking used that were directly from distributors. All for one customer. Ha stopped being cheap and went with Smith and Wesson. When I had precision rifle in a machinists buddy looked at it from 7 ft away and called it garbage. He said "who ever made that used dull end mills". When I told him it was ruger he was shocked. He also pointed out if they cut corners with end mills he did want to know were else they would cut corners. The idea for the mini 14 was to be a low cost alternative to the ar. Well now a diamondback or mp sport 2 will run circles around a mini in reliability amd price . This new .308 sacrifices a bit of safety for a pound of weight. This is not a good idea. The barrel extension and the bolt face haveca lot of material removed from it. Not a good idea.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Shot my Ruger SFAR with the new Banish 30 suppressor and my first rifle reloads since 1993 when I used to load with a guy who would walk me through every step. This time, I was flying solo.

I loaded three sets of 5 each .308 Win, 15 total rounds. Sierra Game King 165’s. VV N140 with 40.5, 41.0, and 41.5 grains respectively. I was hoping it would be as good as factory stuff…so I had low expectations.

This is the 5 X 5 round groups at 50 yards, from a makeshift rest. Top group is Milsurp 147 gr that’s probably from the 80’s. Middle left is PPU 168gr Match. Middle right is my reload w/ 40.5 grains powder. Bottom left is 41.0, and bottom right is 41.5. I was pretty freaking shocked with the results:

IMG_7506.jpeg

I’m probably gonna go with the 41.5 gr load since the Dillon is still set up for that one. I am pretty happy with this.

Top Bottom