• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Reading on the Ruger forum and here, you may want to hold off a bit. Sounds as though there may be a bug or two for Ruger to work out.

No personal experience.

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    I don't own one yet but plan to. Shot a friends at range and it ran very well. He said the first few mags had failure to go in battery. He admitted to not tearing down cleaning and lube. After that he had no issues. Approximately 2k rounds through it. Very accurate and fun to shoot. Ruger has decent customer service from my past experiences.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Check out "Beyond Seclusion" on YT for a pretty good review on one.

It intrigues me quite a bit. With the biggest negative for me being the gas tube disassembly for cleaning.

After a few of the bugs and kinks get worked out, maybe one will be in my future.

Last edited:

NikelATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2023
    Round Rock Texas
    Check out "Beyond Seclusion" on YT for a pretty good review on one.

It intrigues me quite a bit. With the biggest negative for me being the gas tube disassembly for cleaning.

After a few of the bugs and kinks get worked out, maybe one will be in my future.
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to check that out

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don’t have much experience with Ruger products, but the general consensus here seems they lack quality control on their products?
    I could not agree with that statement. They are no different in that aspect than S&W, Colt or Springfield. I would say that they have rushed their AR's to market and at times had bugs in the first production. However, Ruger stands behind their product and if that happens they will promptly take care of the issue. Even if it means providing a new rifle. And in these cases, they pay for shipping both ways.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I don’t have much experience with Ruger products, but the general consensus here seems they lack quality control on their products?
    Yes. I own(ed) 4 rugers.

3 were made in the past 5 years. 3 had to go back to the factory. Countless others I've had to deal with have had issues too.

Semi auto pistols, rifles, revolvers, rimfire, centerfire, you name it

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I own a number of Rugers. The SR762 had an early production issue, Ruger replaced the entire rifles. Also send some free mags back with the rifle. Turn time about one week. Paid shipping both ways. Replacement operated flawlessly.

Have owned Rugers for 40 years, no other issues.

Top Bottom