• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Looking to purchase a Ruger mini 14. Anyone know of a good buy in Conroe area?

If you find one, the first thing you should do is get an Accu-Strut:

I've got one on my early 80s vintage Mini-14 and it's done great things for its accuracy. Also, (and this advice should be followed no matter what firearm you own) avoid Pro-Mag magazines like the plague.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    If your patient they show up here now and then, looks like about 2 or 3 times a year. While you are waiting get familiar with which one you like and what they are going for, both retail and aftermarket. Good to be knowledgeable with your price range so you can jump on the one you want, when you find it.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    If you find one, the first thing you should do is get an Accu-Strut:

I've got one on my early 80s vintage Mini-14 and it's done great things for its accuracy. Also, (and this advice should be followed no matter what firearm you own) avoid Pro-Mag magazines like the plague.
    I've looked into getting an Accu-Strut. I've heard mixed reviews. Which version did you go with? I recently picked up some OEM mags from The Mag Shack. Best price https://themagshack.com/shop/rifle-magazines/ruger-mini-14-magazines/ruger-223-mini-14-20-rd/.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've looked into getting an Accu-Strut. I've heard mixed reviews. Which version did you go with? I recently picked up some OEM mags from The Mag Shack. Best price https://themagshack.com/shop/rifle-magazines/ruger-mini-14-magazines/ruger-223-mini-14-20-rd/.

Just the standard solid bar in stainless to match my rifle. I though the perforated ones looked silly.

20230415_184345.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or local dealer who won't just absolutely corn hole you on cost!
    It is Ruger themselves that are sticking it to the consumer. MSRP is well north of $1,000 for one now. Used ones tend to go for about 1k anymore because “uh know whut I gut”

With a MSRP of $1300+ you can get two solid AR15s that will shoot circles around a mini.

Good luck.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you want a Mini-14 or Mini-30, buy one. They are more expensive, that is part of the deal.

You can do a web search as well as anyone else here and search for the best price.

Top Bottom