and the stag Case swayback jack....

Swaback stag mark open.jpg

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So often I see pictures of knife that looks like something I would want, but then do an internet search only to find out it is made in China. A deal killer for me,
    Brother, you are not alone.

I like how some web sites make it near impossible to find country of manufacture. If they just won't say, must be Chyna!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Brother, you are not alone.

I like how some web sites make it near impossible to find country of manufacture. If they just won't say, must be Chyna!
    <>

I keep my ‘’good’’ knives inside.

Carry a Chinese CRKT folder when on my property.

Out afield, it is a Bokker & a SpyderCo.

Gave my last Jimmy Lile to a very good Friend in Austin. Lost the other one.

The Bokker ‘’Arbolito’’ series are a very good value, have several of those.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I won't buy a knife if it's made in china.
    <>

OK by me.

I call them “disposables”.

One big problem with Chinese cutlery is that I couldn’t find any correlation b/t price and quality.

A G Russell has some pretty good bargains in Chinese fixed-blade hunting-style knives, sold under the AGR “brand”. I have bought a bunch of them for gifts.

leVieux

<>

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    <>

OK by me.

I call them “disposables”.

One big problem with Chinese cutlery is that I couldn’t find any correlation b/t price and quality.

A G Russell has some pretty good bargains in Chinese fixed-blade hunting-style knives, sold under the AGR “brand”. I have bought a bunch of them for gifts.

leVieux

<>
    It's not so much a quality issue to me as it is that I don't want to send dollars to those communist bastards.

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    It's not so much a quality issue to me as it is that I don't want to send dollars to those communist bastards.
    I'm the same way when buying rifle scopes - just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on something from China. I have scopes made in Japan, the Philippines, USA, Czech Republic...nothing from China, no matter how much someone else may rave about their clarity and value. Can't do it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

I'm the same way when buying rifle scopes - just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on something from China. I have scopes made in Japan, the Philippines, USA, Czech Republic...nothing from China, no matter how much someone else may rave about their clarity and value. Can't do it.
    <>

ZEISS pretty much killed itself when they admitted that Japs with modern technology could build a scope to their ZEISS standards; then outsourced their “Conquest” entry line to Japan.

Our binocs are all ZEISS & Steiner, but scopes are Leupold.

Currently looking for a modern low mag optic for an AR15 at a reasonable (cheap) cost.

<>

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    <>

ZEISS pretty much killed itself when they admitted that Japs with modern technology could build a scope to their ZEISS standards; then outsourced their “Conquest” entry line to Japan.

Our binocs are all ZEISS & Steiner, but scopes are Leupold.

Currently looking for a modern low mag optic for an AR15 at a reasonable (cheap) cost.

<>
    I am not nearly as hard set against buying Japanese as I am Chinese. I don't think Japan has any plans against us.
    China?

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    I have a Mora, 4" blade w/wooden handle that I bought 10 years or more ago off ebay for like $10. Best utility sheath knife I've ever owned. High carbon steel and stays sharp as a razor with just a couple licks on a steel. Used it the other day at work and one of the girls exclaimed, What is that a prison shank!!?? :) :)

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    ^^^

MORA knives out of Sweden are good knives.

My husband bought several MORA fixed blade knives from Bob Wards several years ago.

He bought some MORA knives from SW or Cabela's too.

We have 2 Mora CARBON STEEL blade knives with the non slip - plastic type handles - one still here is a Heavy Duty version and the second carbon steel blade knife is the regular version.

He gifted a MORA heavy duty - carbon steel knife to a man - employee at his gym/pool who needed a knife. My husband gave him his own Mora knife out of his truck and told the hard, good worker and NICE man that he could keep that MORA knife!

(Companion or some other name is the MORA model name? It is a CLASSIC Mora knife.)

He bought 2 other MORA knives with stainless steel blades. One is the same classic model - Companion (?) and the other one has a SHORT BLADE and short handle and it is small. It is meant to hang around your neck or kept in a small pocket or a purse or in camp/hike gear.

We do NOT hang the SMALL Mora knife around our necks but it is a very nice - small FIXED BLADE knife for concealed carry.

I just dug them out to look at them from my own drawer of knives.

My husband and I are having our morning coffee now and I asked him about the smaller MORA knife. The super small MORA knife was in my husband's locked tool chest and he told me that he had sharpened that specific knife recently.

All of the MORA knives came with sheaths.

I do LIKE the Mora knives with the wooden handles but I do NOT own a Mora knife with a wooden handle.

I do own ONE fishing knife from FINLAND with a wooden handle. But it is NOT the one from my late Mom's former bunch of knives from Finland, Sweden, Norway, NEW YORK STATE, and New England.

My late Mom, my late Dad and my entire family before and after I was born were INTO knives!

They USED them and were not just collectors!

They had knives from places listed above and from England, Germany, etc.

Old Lady Cate

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    ^^^

MORA knives out of Sweden are good knives.

My husband bought several MORA fixed blade knives from Bob Wards several years ago.

He bought some MORA knives from SW or Cabela's too.

We have 2 Mora CARBON STEEL blade knives with the non slip - plastic type handles - one still here is a Heavy Duty version and the second carbon steel blade knife is the regular version.

He gifted a MORA heavy duty - carbon steel knife to a man - employee at his gym/pool who needed a knife. My husband gave him his own Mora knife out of his truck and told the hard, good worker and NICE man that he could keep that MORA knife!

(Companion or some other name is the MORA model name? It is a CLASSIC Mora knife.)

He bought 2 other MORA knives with stainless steel blades. One is the same classic model - Companion (?) and the other one has a SHORT BLADE and short handle and it is small. It is meant to hang around your neck or kept in a small pocket or a purse or in camp/hike gear.

We do NOT hang the SMALL Mora knife around our necks but it is a very nice - small FIXED BLADE knife for concealed carry.

I just dug them out to look at them from my own drawer of knives.

My husband and I are having our morning coffee now and I asked him about the smaller MORA knife. The super small MORA knife was in my husband's locked tool chest and he told me that he had sharpened that specific knife recently.

All of the MORA knives came with sheaths.

I do LIKE the Mora knives with the wooden handles but I do NOT own a Mora knife with a wooden handle.

I do own ONE fishing knife from FINLAND with a wooden handle. But it is NOT the one from my late Mom's former bunch of knives from Finland, Sweden, Norway, NEW YORK STATE, and New England.

My late Mom, my late Dad and my entire family before and after I was born were INTO knives!

They USED them and were not just collectors!

They had knives from places listed above and from England, Germany, etc.

Old Lady Cate
    Probably not relevant to this thread, but In Slovnia, the translation of Mora is Nightmare.

Top Bottom