• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    May Mr. Glock rest in peace.

I believe that he made GOOD firearms just as I believe that many other famous gun inventors, designers and companies did in the past and still do.

Old Lady Cate

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I beg to differ. Most non gun folks will see a pistol and call it a Glock, and many of America’s “youth” want a Glock. In addition to all the police departments and regular Americans that use them, Glock is synonymous with pistol in America, much like our beloved AR-15.
    Differ all you want that's your prerogative.
    It became a trend/fad as it gathered a Fanboy club and the 30 round mags helped it get there.

In truth it is Not the best gun it is not a better gun it's just a gun.

Same with the AR It became a base to build on easy and cheap to slap together large cap mags and multiple options. Is it actually a better gun. Nope

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Wasn't that book written by a lib?
    He could be, I don't know. I didn't run a background check on him before reading the book but I do seem to remember having read somethings that I didn't agree with. I really don't remember the details. It has been many years since I read it. What I do remember are the stories of Gaston Glocks' antics and the fact that he was very stingy and at times combative with his employees. That and the fact that he was pretty innovative but refused to accept any responsibility for faults or failures that were found in Glock firearms.

ETA: Another thing discussed in the book was the LEO magazine trade in program during the so called "assault weapon ban". It was genius. They traded all of the preban magazines held by law enforcement for LEO marked magazines and then sold all of the preban magazines to the pubic because they were grandfathered.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Wasn't that book written by a lib? You'd half expect a picture of an ak on the cover or something.

Spoiler alert: The one with no picture of gun is AK-47 history.

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      6.7 KB · Views: 20
    • 81nv8p0-EPL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
      81nv8p0-EPL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
      108.6 KB · Views: 20

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From Mrgunsngear on YouTube

Join us in Final Tribute: Glock Roasted (RIP)' as we pay a unique homage to Gaston Glock. Blending humor with respect, this video (Final Tribute: Glock Roasted (RIP)) is a rare roast and eulogy honoring the legendary firearms innovator and the customers of Glock. From his iconic pistols, corporate scandals, and his larger-than-life persona, we delve into Glock's legacy with a twist. Witness a tribute like no other, filled with laughter, memories, and a few surprises.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Still lots to say about Glock pistols and how they got launched after the passing of the founder.

Read more of the beginning of Glock pistols at Truth about Guns blog;

The heart of the Glock is a mix of simplicity, engineering and quality. The Glock pistol when completely broken down, consists of only 34 parts. This is in comparison to other semi-auto pistols that have 50-plus parts at a minimum. The gun can be field stripped with no tools and completely disassembled with only a couple of small tools. It is an armorer’s dream, to say the least.

Extra is this channel's claim that the Glock knife led to the pistol.

Attachments

• Mastison_Glock_024-768x512.jpg
      Mastison_Glock_024-768x512.jpg
      67.5 KB · Views: 11
    Top Bottom