• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am a huge fan of the EoTech holographic rifle sight. However, I am not a big fan of the price. Since I do not expect to expose my AR to military conditions I have the Bushnell Holosight. It IS an EoTech, just not mil-spec. I was able to purchase it for $210.

Well worth that amount.

In the first pic I have the BUIS up to show how well it co-witnesses. It is usually down.

BUIScowitness.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/txinvestigator/BUIScowitness.jpg

holosight.jpg

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I concur with the EoTech being a very good choice. I had one a while back and sold it in a weak moment (wish I still had it!!). And as stated above the Bushnell above will perform as good as the milspec EoTechs.............just don't hammer on it or submerge it in the surf, etc.

Edit to add: Whatever you get...................make sure it has as long a battery life as possible and hopefully with easy to obtain, inexpensive batteries!!!!

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i have the EoTech for my department issued rifle which works well. im liking the burris ar332. im no navy seal so i dont really have to worry about beach entry, or severe desert sand storms thats why im not going top of the line.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Eotech, Aimpoint, or Trijicon. There are a few other brands but those are the big 3. Personally, I would just look around for a cheaper and well worn out one of those as opposed to some of the cheap stuff out there. I can't tell you how many times I've seen cheap $0-150 or so red dots fail, not hold a zero, not adjust consistently, or have other weird problems. I'd put the cheap stuff on an airsoft gun, or maybe a rimfire and that's it. Just be careful if buying a "cheap" one of the big 3 red dots off Ebay as they are most likely an airsoft knock off.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i know people are going to hate me but if your tight on cash then this is an option
    Eotech 552 Clone Sight
    i had one on my sks and it held up fine the dude i sold it to put it on an ar and still uses it to this day with no complaints

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you want to spend as little as possible right now with the intention of saving up for a "real" red dot, and you can get over the Chinese factor, Primary Arms gets my vote. Excellent customer service to boot.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    i dont want to go super cheap and have problems at the range. but i dont want to break the bank because im saving for an m1. the eotech is huge btw. it holds two aa batteries, so its pretty long. are burris sights any good. they seem to have decent reviews and the price aint bad. and i have yet to see a beat up trijicon thats a good deal, if you know where to get one, please fill me in.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've heard really good things about the Lucid HD7. It's new, and Chinese, but from what I've heard it's pretty robust. One review I read had it maintaining zero with 12ga slugs, among a handful of other guns the guy put it on. Not terribly expensive, either.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Byron,
    Burris builds excellent optical scopes, as least on par with Leupold, IMO. Best customer service I've ever dealt with! Their optical scopes are made in the USA (they make them in Greeley, Colorado) and they all have lifetime warrantee. Not sure where the red dots are made (China?). I would not go for the very cheapest, but a couple of hundred will get you a very good red dot. If you spend $50 to $75 just be aware it's a hit and miss deal and always remember........you generally get what you pay for. Again, just my $.02.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    If you don't want to spend an amount equal to the cost of the rifle I would have to vote for any of the Aimpoint clones from Primary Arms as well. All sights are made to the owners specs and he is in and out of China insuring that the sights are of the quality he requires. I have one of the mini red dots on a Hi-Point 9mm carbine and the M4 clone on the AR. Both hold zero, have clear clean glass, and have brightness adjustment to cover any lighting situations. Great customer service and the company is based in Texas.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    i know people are going to hate me but if your tight on cash then this is an option
    Eotech 552 Clone Sight
    i had one on my sks and it held up fine the dude i sold it to put it on an ar and still uses it to this day with no complaints

Is it just me, or is that thing just plain huge! BTW, yours is the first ever positive comment I've seen about NCStar optics.

I'm looking over the rrages sight and I'm curious... Using Bud's web-site for reference why are the prices so massively different? The cheapest EOTech sight listed is $399 whereas a sightmark reflex is $49. The EOTech clone is $89. What gives? I'd love to put a reflex on whatever I buy, but if it is junk I'll look elsewhere.

kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    I'm in love with my Eotech as well, i've got one on my AR and have shot accurately out to 200 meters

Keep an eye out on the equipment exchange at arfcom, every once in a while I see a pretty good deal on Eotechs

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I am a huge fan of the EoTech holographic rifle sight. However, I am not a big fan of the price. Since I do not expect to expose my AR to military conditions I have the Bushnell Holosight. It IS an EoTech, just not mil-spec. I was able to purchase it for $210.

Well worth that amount.

+1 I just bought a Bushnell Holosight from Ebay. Works perfect on my new S&W M&P ORC.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got one of these on my MSAR. It's seen 2000 or so trouble free rounds. Everyone that tries it, likes it. If I remember correctly, it was $90 at Academy.

Bushnell Trophy Red Dot:
    5QC0r6HXW5aBI5NmhS4hc4PmuZbMAMnSoF7F0itVSq9bLiTSpRr-NNxFGn42hUD1-L-hFErvlaOcYbs9cKYf3-O7pEQiDOqFrV3EgBLhx2WSpVa4aLHQY-dD9sFegXnFMSKxAW9GStUr2W-lkthAr7Y1ntkp

Top Bottom