Hurley's Gold

Recommended BBQ joints in the Houston area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    In Katy, Red River BBQ on Mason. I have only been there a few times, but I have never seen bark like that on brisket. If you don't like it that way then go somewhere else. I love it.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Corkscrew is awesome, the lines are a pain in the ass. I'm not sure about individual servings, I just go and buy by the pound. Their pound prices are comparable with other high end BBQ places and I assume their scale works! Very enjoyable BBQ. The pulled pork is really incredible.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ended up staying in Katy and was just down the road from Red River BBQ and as I was tired, that's where I ate. Brisket was delicious with a nice bark. Potato salad was so-so but all in all not a bad meal. Thanks for all the tips. I plan on trying several more of these places in the near future when I am over that way.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Ended up staying in Katy and was just down the road from Red River BBQ and as I was tired, that's where I ate. Brisket was delicious with a nice bark. Potato salad was so-so but all in all not a bad meal. Thanks for all the tips. I plan on trying several more of these places in the near future when I am over that way.
    Red River isn't far from my house. I think it is the best in the Katy area.

You chose well in my humble opinion.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    A bit out of the area, but I've always been a fan of Austin's BBQ in Eagle Lake. That's probably about the only one around the general Houston area that I'll drive out of my way to hit..

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Is the Rib Tickler still around? They used to have some great ribs and brisket about 15 years ago, before I moved away. Now, that I'm back, I don't seem able to locate them, any more.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Is the Rib Tickler still around? They used to have some great ribs and brisket about 15 years ago, before I moved away. Now, that I'm back, I don't seem able to locate them, any more.

Ive been there about a year ago. I think it's changed ownership, then went back to original family. Don't quote me. I do know it's been consistently inconsistent. My girlfriend is from Tomball so we used to visit often.

While we are offering up suggestions, I recommend BBQ Godfather in Spring at Bernie's Backyard. Not Corkscrew good, but far less line. And they have burnt ends if you get there early enough.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I'd say so. Some of the best, tastiest bbq I ever tried was the intense flavors of well made burnt ends!

Top Bottom