Guns International

Rant: The Worst Customer Service Attitude Ever!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I just received my shoulder holster (SH) designed for the big Glock 21 pistol. I ordered it from Amazon and it came custom fit to the G21 with a magazine pouch as counterbalance which holds two G21 magazines.

The SH was pretty nicely made, the fit was good but it had several plastic load bearing plastic parts. For a heavy G21, that design was poorly conceived. I would have gladly paid to upgrade to metal fittings.

I needed the holster and it will do the job well, so I accepted it and will keep it.

In the package, there was a single sheet of paper that identified the manufacturer as AKER Leather in Chula Vista, CA. The paper also detailed their company customer service policies which, in part says:

"All AKER products are sold "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS: The entire risk as to the quality and performance is with the buyer. Should any AKER product prove defective following its purchase, the buyer, not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire risk of of all necessary servicing or repair. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and all other warranties expressed or implied are excluded from the transaction and shall not apply to the product sold,"
    CLOSE QUOTE.

Summed up, it tells the buyer that once you buy this crap, we will not support you in any way. WTF!

Flash
    ARJ Defense ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Might not be worth the legal freight to the consumer, but, and according to the state, they may play hell attempting to contract liability away, from a defective product, in that manner.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't know what those California Dim Wits were thinking, but it went over with me like a pregnant pole vaulter!

OH....just to assure you, that was a direct, word for word quote from their product information sheet.

Flash

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Just wondering why you are buying products from California. Are there no leather smiths in your corner of Texas?

And yeah, that is a pretty telling policy. Thanks for following he heads up.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Was the Amazon seller that the same as the manufacturer?

If like to make sure I never do business with a company which distributes products for a company with such a terrible policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Just wondering why you are buying products from California. Are there no leather smiths in your corner of Texas?

And yeah, that is a pretty telling policy. Thanks for following he heads up.

On Amazon, they don't identify the sellers very well. In retrospect, I may have just missed it and there were no feedback entries. I got the physical location of the seller from the package contents. I'll be more careful in the future.

Flash

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    from the FAQ on their webpage

Our product warranty is for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Aker uses the best materials available for construction of our products. We do not manufacture every component that is used in our products and if you encounter any defective product or workmanship error, please stop use immediately. Contact us at (800) 645-2537 or aker@akerleather.com and provide the following information: date of purchase, place of purchase, receipt or proof of purchase, and the problem you are encountering. A return authorization number and further instructions may be provided at that time.
    - See more at: http://akerleather.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#sthash.I2L5kvIr.dpuf

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    from the FAQ on their webpage

Our product warranty is for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Aker uses the best materials available for construction of our products. We do not manufacture every component that is used in our products and if you encounter any defective product or workmanship error, please stop use immediately. Contact us at (800) 645-2537 or aker@akerleather.com and provide the following information: date of purchase, place of purchase, receipt or proof of purchase, and the problem you are encountering. A return authorization number and further instructions may be provided at that time.
    - See more at: http://akerleather.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#sthash.I2L5kvIr.dpuf

That totally contradicts the materials sent with the product!

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That totally contradicts the materials sent with the product!

Flash

Guess that's why they put this specific part in their disclaimer

The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and all other warranties expressed or implied are excluded from the transaction and shall not apply to the product sold

Seems to me it should be bordering on fraud. How do you claim a warranty, then include an insert in the box saying "yeah, we lied about that"?

They are selling a product (holster with warranty) and shipping a different product (holster without warranty).

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Seems to me it should be bordering on fraud. How do you claim a warranty, then include an insert in the box saying "yeah, we lied about that"?

Excellent point and that's exactly what they did!

Flash

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Flash. Amazon has a 30 return policy. If you are dissatisfied contact them and send it back. I would recomend Galco for a shoulder holster. I have a Mami classic and it works great. It is all leather with metal adjustment screw tabs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    "All AKER products are sold "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS: The entire risk as to the quality and performance is with the buyer. Should any AKER product prove defective following its purchase, the buyer, not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire risk of of all necessary servicing or repair. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and all other warranties expressed or implied are excluded from the transaction and shall not apply to the product sold,"
    CLOSE QUOTE.
    Write a review on Amazon for it and be sure to include that so other people can see it. The good news is that Amazon has good CS and will take it back if you want to return it.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Write a review on Amazon for it and be sure to include that so other people can see it. The good news is that Amazon has good CS and will take it back if you want to return it.

Just post a photo of the policy, instead of a transcription.
    And a short, innocuous statement like: "I wouldn't buy this item again because of this:"
    People are actually being sued these days for bad reviews.
    Hard to do that if you use their own material against them.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I did exactly as you suggested but I typed the annoying warranty information word for word. I wanted customers to read what Aker was really saying!

It's crazy to have a normal, decent warranty statement online then completely nullify it in the product package information.

What else would you expect from the land of fruits and nuts?

Flash

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Amazon will take it back . Hell they might even let you keep it and return your money. That has happened to me in a few cases. I always make sure if I am buying from Amazon or someone else too and I usually wont buy anything without any reviews.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Amazon doesn't always have a good return policy - this can be determined by the seller. Always be careful - items sold and fulfilled by Amazon are different than those fulfilled by third party sellers.

[h=2]Seller Return Policy[/h]When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return will be sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com. While most sellers offer a returns policy equivalent to Amazon.com's, some seller returns policies may vary. You can view the Seller's return policy before you purchase an item by viewing the Returns and Refunds Policy section of the Seller's profile page.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I did exactly as you suggested but I typed the annoying warranty information word for word. I wanted customers to read what Aker was really saying!

It's crazy to have a normal, decent warranty statement online then completely nullify it in the product package information.

What else would you expect from the land of fruits and nuts?

Flash

Any chance the seller was selling seconds? If so the warranty difference would make sense. That and what a company warranties is not always the limit to what they are willing to do to satisfy a customer.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Just post a photo of the policy, instead of a transcription.
    And a short, innocuous statement like: "I wouldn't buy this item again because of this:"
    People are actually being sued these days for bad reviews.
    Hard to do that if you use their own material against them.

Yes, report facts.

"Warranty in advertisement states"
    *screen shot of add*

"Below is warranty documentation included in shipment"
    **photo of warranty card**

No side bar no commentary.

Top Bottom