This is how I deal with those quail.
    QuailCOOKEDUP003.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Damn MR Redneck those look pretty tasty. However, I think I'll stick with deer for my annual meat supply. Just gotta wake up early a few times and put a couple of shots where they count then Voila!, meat in the freezer. Those birds and rabbits look like too much work.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Damn MR Redneck those look pretty tasty. However, I think I'll stick with deer for my annual meat supply. Just gotta wake up early a few times and put a couple of shots where they count then Voila!, meat in the freezer. Those birds and rabbits look like too much work.
    Bird hunting is 100X's better than deer hunting. You get to shoot a whole bunch, move around, chase the dog, shoot a whole bunch more, yell at the dog, make all your hunting friends mad when your dog gives you their birds, " Should of brought their own damn dog", lazy bastards, and lets not forget all the fresh air you can take in.
    Bird hunting is the best kind of hunting.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Ask some old timers how hard it was hunting during the great depression. Honestly I'd go to trapping even urban trapping before I went out hunting. I've figured out ways of catching several birds in traps left out a day and bunnies, snakes and deer if needed.

Best to have the resources to grow your own food. If a box of .22 shells gets to be the new currency think what a breeding pair of rabbits and a few laying quail will bring.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Bird hunting is 100X's better than deer hunting. You get to shoot a whole bunch, move around, chase the dog, shoot a whole bunch more, yell at the dog, make all your hunting friends mad when your dog gives you their birds, " Should of brought their own damn dog", lazy bastards, and lets not forget all the fresh air you can take in.
    Bird hunting is the best kind of hunting.

Yep, thare aint NOTHING better than hunting Quail over good dogs!!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Whoa, whoa,whoa, y'all are comin' at me like I don't bird hunt too. I just don't want to raise and feed em', I 'd rather just shoot em'. I DO eat what I kill with the exception of boar hogs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As for the most fun hunting birds, it's with birds not dogs in my opinion.
    6zdnd.jpg
    A long time ago I really wanted to get into falconry. After learning a lot, I decided it was not something I could do until I was retired... It takes quite a lot of time to keep and train hawks and falcons.

Top Bottom