• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Some left over grips from an officer sized 1911. What do you think? Haven't made them permanent yet as I need to get the screw bases and cut them down to fit.

GVjODp.jpg

All depends on how they feel to you.
    I'd pass. Keep it simple.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Took it to the range. Got dark fast.

I flew out of the house after work and got to the range about 5:15pm. Started to unpack and found I'd left the rifle at home. Luckily it took only 10min home to back to the range.

Pulled the shooting bench out to what I think was 25 yards and fired the first five, pulling a bore snake after each shot. Couldn't find where it was hitting. Finally took a pic. of the largest blank spot I could find then shot at it. Found the impact 1ft down and 2 in left.

Adjusted the scope to the impact and then shot the shoot and see target to fine tune it walking it in. I really need to get my own set of sandbags or front tripod.

Shot a couple of 12 oz water bottles that were left on the berm. That was fun. First shot took care of each with a very satisfying reaction. Same with some clay pigeons.

75 yards was good as well. Was really happy with the shots there.

The light was fading fast. Decided I have one shot and wanted to try off hand. Shot and thought I'd missed the target. Was a bit bummed but that made it all the more sweet when I went and took down the targets.

Recoil and noise are very manageable. A 6 year old can shoot this rifle.

It feels really really light in the ar15 bag on a strap on my back.

Trigger was as expected. It's good but not what I'd think is where it should be as an encore. I'll be doing the home trigger job and adding an overtravel screw.

Scope was execlet. Glad I went with 4x. Did well at dusk.

On paper walking it in at 25 yards.

EpfVyg.jpg

Pull back to 75 yards. 6 shots. Getting harder and harder to see the crosshairs at dusk.
    BwSeke.jpg

Standing unsupported 75 yards. Though I'd missed till I got up to the target. Sun was down and it was dusk. I was going to pull back to 100 yards but just was too dark and had to pack up.

IcCXNN.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom