• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just as a matter of discussion,remind me who had the de-lam issue on rudders? Was that AirBus? (NY...American...2001 believe?)

AA587? Rudder delam. Lots of folks thought it was another 9/11.

Airbus A300; problem is lots of manufacturers utilize composite vertical stab and/or rudder. Maintenance is critical. Though Airbus took the hit, AA wasn’t providing adequate oversight of the facilities doing the actual inspections.
    Guns International

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I just saw that they got the other "black box" .I'll be interested to see what they find both personally and professionally. My company supplies a lot of pressure measurement stuff to the aerospace industry.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Appears FDR has been located.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...er-from-cargo-plane-crash-site-in-trinity-bay

Things to be watchful of in the coming week(s):

NTSB turns lead over to FBI would indicate an intentional act is suspected of causing the accident. This could anything from falsifying maintenance records to pilot action.

NTSB publicly releases data: this is usually done to calm the flying public’s fears. Boxes don’t have b*tch, so they may not release the data quickly.

NTSB releases preliminary report. Would be early, but indicates a ‘smoking gun’ found in the CVR/(D)FDR info. The docket may also contain other reports such a as the metallurgy inspection report, transcripts or full audio of the CVR, prison video footage.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I just saw that they got the other "black box" .I'll be interested to see what they find both personally and professionally. My company supplies a lot of pressure measurement stuff to the aerospace industry.
    Likewise interested. Some of the Marines I served with work for Atlas now. Aviation was a big part of my life and I’m always interested in the why and how things went wrong.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    NTSB prelim on CVR.

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/mr20190305.aspx

“Crew communications consistent with a loss control of the aircraft began approximately 18 seconds prior to the end of the recording.”

Careful interpretation of that statement is needed. They are not implying probable cause. Only that it appears the crew was communicating.

There’s a whole lot of things still to determine. Hopefully the FDR provides more data.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    AA587? Rudder delam. Lots of folks thought it was another 9/11.

Airbus A300; problem is lots of manufacturers utilize composite vertical stab and/or rudder. Maintenance is critical. Though Airbus took the hit, AA wasn’t providing adequate oversight of the facilities doing the actual inspections.
    Thought of that flight last month. Flew to boston and back with delta. First time in an Airbus. An A321 and A320

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Our best friends live less than 3 miles from the crash site. Terrible. One of their sons is a deputy. Awful place awful crash. Prayers for the families and friends AND the first responders.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Today's update from FDR analysis.

"Also, about this time, the FDR data indicated that some small vertical accelerations consistent with the airplane entering turbulence. Shortly after, when the airplane’s indicated airspeed was steady about 230 knots, the engines increased to maximum thrust, and the airplane pitch increased to about 4° nose up and then rapidly pitched nose down to about 49° in response to column input. The stall warning (stick shaker) did not activate."..." FDR data indicated that the airplane gradually pitched up to about 20 degrees nose down during the descent."

There's a whole lot of WTF in those four sentences. CVR may be pivotal in understanding what occurred.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Today's update from FDR analysis.

"Also, about this time, the FDR data indicated that some small vertical accelerations consistent with the airplane entering turbulence. Shortly after, when the airplane’s indicated airspeed was steady about 230 knots, the engines increased to maximum thrust, and the airplane pitch increased to about 4° nose up and then rapidly pitched nose down to about 49° in response to column input. The stall warning (stick shaker) did not activate."..." FDR data indicated that the airplane gradually pitched up to about 20 degrees nose down during the descent."

There's a whole lot of WTF in those four sentences. CVR may be pivotal in understanding what occurred.

I don’t like to quote myself, but this one deserves it.

Since I posted that, the NTSB page has been edited.

The second sentence now reads “The airplane then pitched nose down over the next 18 seconds to about 49° in response to nose-down elevator deflection.”

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom