• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't think anyone considers a 914 as good as a 911. I know plenty of people that beat the snot out of their classic 911s and they rarely break down. Of course they all maintain them theirselves or by someone else in the club, so they are taken care of to a higher standard.
    Venture Surplus ad

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Reeeally got me wanting an E30 or a BMW 2002, or anything else old and European. An old Alfa Giulia would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if you ever need any 2002 advice - I had five of them.

I had access to a car shop with a lift when I was in college. The 2002's had an overlap engine and would slip a couple of teeth on their timing chains, bend the valves, and sell for next to nothing. I'd pop the heads off, redo them, put a new timing set on, and sell them. Financed a decent bit of my education.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Make sure you have a good mechanic and wrecker on speed dial if you have a 911 or an RX-3.

More like any rotary lol

Those are getting pretty hard to find. Settle for an RX7...

Probably won’t get either ever, but I’m a huge 787B fan and want to experience rotary ownership at least once lol.

if you ever need any 2002 advice - I had five of them.

I had access to a car shop with a lift when I was in college. The 2002's had an overlap engine and would slip a couple of teeth on their timing chains, bend the valves, and sell for next to nothing. I'd pop the heads off, redo them, put a new timing set on, and sell them. Financed a decent bit of my education.

Nice lol, I’d imagine they’re more $$$ now eh

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    want to experience rotary ownership at least once lol
    It is unique... revving to the moon and feeling like you're not accelerating because there's so little torque, then you gotta rebuild the motor every 5k.

It's actually not that bad. :laughing: My RX8 lasted 118k before it was losing compression. The older ones are worse of course.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It is unique... revving to the moon and feeling like you're not accelerating because there's so little torque, then you gotta rebuild the motor every 5k.

It's actually not that bad. :laughing: My RX8 lasted 118k before it was losing compression. The older ones are worse of course.

I was under the impression that the FD RX7 had thicker apex seals and the RX8 had thin ones and therefore sucked more, but I’ve barely really looked into it.

You still got the 4C?

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was under the impression that the FD RX7 had thicker apex seals and the RX8 had thin ones and therefore sucked more, but I’ve barely really looked into it.
    Two different designs. They moved the ports on the RX8 so they last longer, but supposedly it's harder to rebuild and also increases the chance of it trashing the engine. I've never attempted to rebuild either, tho. If I ever get around to working on my SA I'll let you know.

You still got the 4C?
    yup

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Two different designs. They moved the ports on the RX8 so they last longer, but supposedly it's harder to rebuild and also increases the chance of it trashing the engine. I've never attempted to rebuild either, tho. If I ever get around to working on my SA I'll let you know.

yup

What’s an SA

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What’s an SA
    giphy.gif

j/k... first gen, first series RX7

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.9 MB · Views: 934

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    An early dream car for me was a 1985 RX-7 GSL-SE. I was 14 years old and my family never could afford nice cars at the time. (I’ve worked 30+ hours per week since I was 13 years old).

I still remember the glowing review that Car and Driver gave it...I wish they archived that review on their website.

I was able to find a brochure
    Brings back some great memories of a car I never owned.

https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1985-Mazda-RX-7.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    An early dream car for me was a 1985 RX-7 GSL-SE. I was 14 years old and my family never could afford nice cars at the time. (I’ve worked 30+ hours per week since I was 13 years old).

I still remember the glowing review that Car and Driver gave it...I wish they archived that review on their website.

I was able to find a brochure
    Brings back some great memories of a car I never owned.

https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1985-Mazda-RX-7.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That RX7 rally car looks dope. I wish the REPU was more common, I’d love one of those.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    IMG_2087[1].JPG

99' F-350 7.3 6-speed, been tinkered with.
    '97 Ranger
    '13 Ram, been tinkered with as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2087[1].JPG
      IMG_2087[1].JPG
      1.6 MB · Views: 772
    Top Bottom