Guns International

Pissy-Teenage daughter, on her period...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guess I got lucky or stumbled in to a good method. 14 year old daughter and I have a great relationship, she’s independent, making As, doesn’t like liberals, about to get her second degree black belt, GT, Helps around the house, and doesn’t ever argue with me. Though her and my wife will sometimes come home pissed at each other for random reasons but it seems to typically be an over reaction to something by my wife.

All I’ve really done is listen when she’s got a problem and be honest when it comes to solutions. Never ask about or get involved in feminine growing up issues unless it has to do with a boy or something. Never really had to do much as far as disciplinary actions, if we were ever disappointed about something she pretty much took it on herself to make it right.
    ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Guess I got lucky or stumbled in to a good method. 14 year old daughter and I have a great relationship, she’s independent, making As, doesn’t like liberals, about to get her second degree black belt, GT, Helps around the house, and doesn’t ever argue with me. Though her and my wife will sometimes come home pissed at each other for random reasons but it seems to typically be an over reaction to something by my wife.
    Had a couple of mine that butted heads with their mom. And they were huge daddy's girls.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If she doesn't cease her disruptive/hostile/argumentative/irresponsible behavior: Educate her about becoming an 'Emancipated Minor' living outside the home on her own...

Worked for me!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I do believe things happen for a reason. If she’s acting out there’s probably a cause they may be completely unrelated to anything else at home.

School can be hell for some kids. And kids can be horrible, cruel, and vile creatures capable of inflicting incredible pain on their classmates. Maybe worth sitting down and just asking what’s wrong and listening.

Had an issue with my son doing something completely out of character. My wife was pissed about it. I was upset, but more concerned with why it happened. He still got punished, but the issue ended quickly because we found the actual problem instead of just hammering away at the symptom.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have found there are two types of experts on child raising. Those who are childless and those who are so old they have forgotten what it was like. ;)
    No such thing as an expert on raising kids. Just those that think they are. Anyone with a brain knows that each one is different. And will require a different approach.
    But suggestions don't hurt sometimes. Nobody has all the answers. Although the suggestions may not be the right answers for the OP, hopefully they can help them find a better answer.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    We raised two daughters. Luckily, both turned out to be responsible adults and great parents. When the youngest was giving us similar trouble as @Alpha.Geek 's daughter, I removed her bedroom door and deprived her of privacy for a few months. Never had any major trouble with her after that. In fact when I did put the door back while she was at school, she didn't even notice that it was back on for days. We had to point it out to her.

Last edited:

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    We raised two daughters. Luckily, both turned out to be responsible adults and great parents. When the youngest was giving us similar trouble as @Alpha.Geek 's daughter, I removed her bedroom door and deprived her of privacy for a few months. Never had trouble any major trouble with her after that. In fact when I did put the door back while she was at school, she didn't even notice that it was back on for days. We had to point it out to her.
    I forgot that I did the same thing when daughter was a Freshman. tuned her up

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Glad we never had any sprog. Even better is reading this thread and thinking I’m sure glad this kind of crap only happens to others, and not me.

Wonder if the if the daughter has posted about he dad’s not understanding to her peers on social media ?

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    A minor administrative point, if you don't mind.

OP, why did you post this in Military Vets? If there's some reason, cool. If, upon reflection, you think it might be better somewhere else, PM me and I can move it for you.

This is not a rebuke; it's curiosity.
    I am formerly enlisted, Marine Corps. So I wanted some input from other former .MIL people.

Unless going full-pinko after enlistment, we generally put up with way less crap from our kids...
    and "shut that nonsense down", most ricky-tick, before it gets ludicrous. .
    :)

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I am formerly enlisted, Marine Corps. So I wanted some input from other former .MIL people.

Unless going full-pinko after enlistment, we generally put up with way less crap from our kids...
    and "shut that nonsense down", most ricky-tick, before it gets ludicrous. .
    :)
    Yep.
    Influenced by two generation of combat vets ... WWI, WW2,
    Being one myself, RVN, my two daughter's never had a chance.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Be involved in your kids life. You reap unknown bennies. My daughters played volleyball, basketball, softball and the soccer. I either assured the coaches or was chauffeur for some team memembers. I treated all the girls on the team as if they were my own. Downside for my daughters was boyfriends were afraid to come over to our houses cuz I was mean. However one did, and later asked for her hand, told me years later I scared the crap out of him. I never did anything to anyone cept told them I would go back to prison if one of my girls got hurt,which included all team members

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I can't say how I would have reacted if that had been done to me when I was a kid. Glad it worked for y'all.
    I had a couple month window in the 16-17 yr old time that my mom removed my bedroom door. Looking back, I was a fairly bad kid. What hurts most is that 25 years later I appreciate the struggles I had and they shaped me into a decent man. My mom however, I can hardly talk to now days as she is farther left than Hillary.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Be involved in your kids life. You reap unknown bennies. My daughters played volleyball, basketball, softball and the soccer. I either assured the coaches or was chauffeur for some team memembers. I treated all the girls on the team as if they were my own. Downside for my daughters was boyfriends were afraid to come over to our houses cuz I was mean. However one did, and later asked for her hand, told me years later I scared the crap out of him. I never did anything to anyone cept told them I would go back to prison if one of my girls got hurt,which included all team members
    I figure, I'll say "Hey, CATCH!!!" the the 1st boy... Throw him a shotshell, and say... "Hey, they move a whole lot faster after 8PM, if you are picking up, what I'm throwing down... Are we CLEAR?" With a follow-up with "I've lived a good life, and if my daughter's virtue is in question, I just answered it, and would go to prison if need be..."

Soon to be living on property that possibly has hogs and such would be another reason to throw a 92fs INOX on my hip, daily, so that might help also, or mention that we have so many unregistered guns that nobody would even find evidence (yes I know nothing is registered, but HE doesn't know that...)... :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom