Join TexasGunTalk

Pawn shop finds

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Gilbertc13, Dec 16, 2018.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I thought so, although I've been there I hadn't fished it. There are many good trout fishing lakes in Washington and Oregon, but I preferred the steelhead and cutthroats out of the rivers.

deemus likes this.
  2. Maverick44

Maverick44 Well-Known

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    I found a cheap (presumably Yugo) SKS that somebody had painted (the wood stock) black, and used a cheap paint to do it with. It looked horrible. They wanted over $400 for it.

Did I mention this was in 2012-2013 when SKS's were still dirt cheap?

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Many years ago I found a Bersa .380 marked as a Beretta for about $450.

When I pointed out that the pistol was not a Beretta but a Bersa( stamped clearly on the slide) Pawntard looked at me and said” it is a rare mis-stamped Beretta, very few made it into circulation and this worth much more”

I told him to save that bullshit for his regular halfwit customers and walked away.

Maverick44 likes this.
  4. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

One of the local pawn shops has a S&W M66 that looks like its been put thru a meat grinder. Non factory grips. Rear sight damaged beyond repair. Bent crane.
    ONLY $899.

5. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So what did you do with it?

ekim and Texasgordo like this.
  6. General Zod

General Zod Well-Known

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I walked through a pawn shop in Gun Barrel City a few months ago. In the tool section they had used Harbor Freight bench grinders with serious wear on them...priced about $70 more than the same model popped up on Harbor Freight's website for.

Sorry, not buying used crap tools for the same price I could go down the street to Home Depot and buy something decent for. I didn't even get as far as the firearms counter.

Darkpriest667 and Texasgordo like this.