• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roygarcia54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    Alice
    I have found a few good deals at the pawn shops but typically these have crap at full price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Picked up 3 Glock 45 factory magazines yesterday. Thought they were for mine but nope. 6 rnds for Glock 36. Now I either find a 36 or sell them.

Gun show tomorrow in Canton, a-lookin I shall go....

Last edited:

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    I love pawn shop finds, not sure why people knock pawn shops. Just look it over well before you buy. These are what I’ve picked up in the last 4 years
    Picked up an unfired in box HK SP5K and HK91 for $2000 each “ during the pandemic”. A very clean HK P9s .45 Target no box 1 mag $600. JS stamped HK USP 45 tactical with one mag no box for $450. Benelli m3 $400 “During the pandemic”, Sig MCX 5.56 pistol one mag and case $1000 “during pandemic” 90’s Winchester 1300 Defender like new $200

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Smith & Wesson model 19-5. Paid $525 out the door Nov/Dec 2019. The only reason I bought it is because the blueing is absolutely gorgeous and it does not have the Hillary hole. Seeing what they sell for now I think it was a pretty decent price

Attachments

• 2A7A7DAD-EF98-4722-8134-6B3749EC625F.jpeg
      2A7A7DAD-EF98-4722-8134-6B3749EC625F.jpeg
      934.7 KB · Views: 113

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Many years ago I found a Bersa .380 marked as a Beretta for about $450.

When I pointed out that the pistol was not a Beretta but a Bersa( stamped clearly on the slide) Pawntard looked at me and said” it is a rare mis-stamped Beretta, very few made it into circulation and this worth much more”

I told him to save that bullshit for his regular halfwit customers and walked away.

Hoji; ALL,

TRUTH is that he MAY have believed that it was a mismarked Beretta. = MOST of the people who work at hockshops know almost NOTHING about their stock.

For example I found a NICE/vintage BILLY COOK roping saddle in a Fairfax County, VA pawnshop in 2009 for 300.oo.

When I asked about the saddle the "know it all" MORON "behind the counter" said that, "it was named after some famous cowboy movie star". = He had NO idea who BILLY COOK was and/or about the EXCELLENT saddles made in the shop, when the company was in GREENVILLE, TX.

I handed the clerk 250.oo in cash & said, "That's what I can afford for a used saddle." = He said "YES" & the NICE old saddle went to an old friend who is (like ME) a "HALF-FAST" cowboy/"goat roper".

NOTE: IF I could find 10 investors who have 20,000.oo CASH or 20 investors who have 10,000.oo in CASH to invest in a pawnshop & expect to get NOTHING back for 12-18 months, I could make us all RICH.
    (The REAL business of a QUALITY pawnshop is NOT selling anything. Instead it is (or SHOULD BE) LOANING MONEY & COLLECTING INTEREST.
    (A truly SMART pawnbroker goes out of his/her way to NOT keep anything that money was loaned upon by a customer and/or have much of anything for sale, other than at VERY LOW prices..)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    And there‘s the Glenfield 30A .30-30 I got last summer. Not a screaming deal, but I think it was a decent price. Certainly cheaper than I was seeing advertised elsewhere. I’d been on the lookout for a Marlin 336 pre-Remington but had troubles finding anything decent for under $500. This one caught my eye, and they had just put it out that morning. Build date 1972. Bluing is in impeccable shape, rifling is perfect but the stock had some dings in it. No cross grain scratches or anything that tore the grain. These were dents like it was bumping up against something while in a car or truck. I gave $425 out the door for it. Those dents in the stock came right out with steam, and an afternoon of work, and after several coats of Tru Oil, it looks like a brand new gun. Now, if I can locate any ammo for that does not have pandemic pricing, I’ll finally get to shoot it.

Attachments

• 76DE863E-4A3B-4B81-BF35-AEFBB314BF7B.jpeg
      76DE863E-4A3B-4B81-BF35-AEFBB314BF7B.jpeg
      932.1 KB · Views: 90

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    And there‘s the Glenfield 30A .30-30 I got last summer. Not a screaming deal, but I think it was a decent price. Certainly cheaper than I was seeing advertised elsewhere. I’d been on the lookout for a Marlin 336 pre-Remington but had troubles finding anything decent for under $500. This one caught my eye, and they had just put it out that morning. Build date 1972. Bluing is in impeccable shape, rifling is perfect but the stock had some dings in it. No cross grain scratches or anything that tore the grain. These were dents like it was bumping up against something while in a car or truck. I gave $425 out the door for it. Those dents in the stock came right out with steam, and an afternoon of work, and after several coats of Tru Oil, it looks like a brand new gun. Now, if I can locate any ammo for that does not have pandemic pricing, I’ll finally get to shoot it.

Grumps21,

NICE.

FYI, I've found my best deals on guns in small town coffee shops (NOT Starbucks).

Wearing a NRA cap OFTEN attracts people who have guns/ammo for sale!!!
    (So far, my BEST "coffee shop deal" was a Marlin 336T in .35 Remington for 125.oo. = The seller's late uncle owned the rifle & the seller's wife was FEARFUL that, "It might just go off, if we keep it.")

NOT the first time that I found a DEAL while drinking coffee & eating a doughnut!!
    (YEP, I'm a caffeine addict.)

yours, satx

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Grumps, I have been looking for something like that for a long while. Unfortunately, I have spent my gun budget, I will start looking again soon. Couple of weeks a go Walmart had 2 boxes. Win. 150gr and 2bxs. of 170gr. I bought the 150 hoping to find the rifle soon.
    Maybe Marlin will be back in business before the end of the year.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Grumps, I have been looking for something like that for a long while. Unfortunately, I have spent my gun budget, I will start looking again soon. Couple of weeks a go Walmart had 2 boxes. Win. 150gr and 2bxs. of 170gr. I bought the 150 hoping to find the rifle soon.
    Maybe Marlin will be back in business before the end of the year.
    Yes sir, me too. I sure hope Ruger does right by Marlin

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    About 5 years ago back in South Carolina, I was making the pawn shop rounds. I went to one that I had bought several guns before. Like all pawn shops, some things had ridiculous prices and some things were priced fairly.

I saw a tag that said Colt Army 357 Mag and the price was $750. Someone was in the way looking at a Glock so I couldn't really see what it was. When that person was finished, I asked to see the Colt. It was a Single Action Army, 5 1/2 inch barrel, and stag grips. My heart started racing.

The gun had some honest wear and tear but was smooth and locked up good. I tried to remove the cylinder pin and couldn't budge it. I pointed this out (knowing I could get it out at home). They tried and they couldn't get it out either. They said they would send it to their gunsmith and have it repaired. I told them that I might take a chance on it and have it repaired myself. I asked how much for it, as is.

The manager said $650 out the door. I said "I'll take it." 1960 Colt SAA .357 Magnum. Oh, the cylinder pin goes in out freely now.

Colt SAA 1960.jpg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Been about 5 years, I was kinda looking for a compact carry gun, and went into a pawn shop in Uvalde. There were a lot of overpriced, beat up guns, and there was this S&W 3913 that looked terrible. When I got it in my hands, I could see it was filthy, but looked like no wear and no scratches underneath the film. Price was $350 and they had the box and spare mag. I walked out with it for $300, tax included.
    20210523_145519.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Pawn shops that sell guns are a newer phenomenon to me. When I lived behind the iron curtain in Illinois, it was illegal for pawn shops to sell firearms. After moving to TX, I began my pawn shop rounds in the local area and have found some decent deals. Strangely, the gun shops I've visited seem less inclined to haggle over used guns or have them priced so outrageously that I just roll my eyes and move on. I mostly go private sale or online (transfer it through my local pawn shop that charges $15 for LTC carriers).
    Best find so far was an excellent condition Winchester 9422 XTR in 22Mag.
    Also, I still get a kick out of being able to walk out of a FFL same day. (No mandatory wait times). View attachment 257724

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Been about 5 years, I was kinda looking for a compact carry gun, and went into a pawn shop in Uvalde. There were a lot of overpriced, beat up guns, and there was this S&W 3913 that looked terrible. When I got it in my hands, I could see it was filthy, but looked like no wear and no scratches underneath the film. Price was $350 and they had the box and spare mag. I walked out with it for $300, tax included.
    View attachment 257722

gll,

At one time, OSBI agents were issued the 3913 & I'm informed that they liked the compact very much.

yours, satx

Reactions: gll

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    View attachment 257722
    That was a very good find. These third gen Smiths are getting popular, and your example looks very nice

Top Bottom