• ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    BC brought this up in a thread.

What at is the best 22lr handgun to use with a suppressor?

I have a Walther P22 with 3-1/2 and 5" barrels and a Ruger 22/45. In a few months I can give my input to what I like the most and what works best. Right now I don't know what 22 handgun works best suppressed.

What are your experiences with 22lr handguns with suppressors?
    Gun Zone Deals

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I shot a members 22/45 with a Spectre II at an outdoor range recently. I had no hearing pro in, it was moderately windy, and all I could hear was the cycling of the bolt. The ammo being used was regular ammo but since the barrel of the regular 22/45 is so short, the bullet won't go supersonic. I had been thinking about purchasing that exact setup, so when he said he had it the way I wanted it, I was giddy as a school girl to fire it, and see how it is.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I shot a members 22/45 with a Spectre II at an outdoor range recently. I had no hearing pro in, it was moderately windy, and all I could hear was the cycling of the bolt. The ammo being used was regular ammo but since the barrel of the regular 22/45 is so short, the bullet won't go supersonic. I had been thinking about purchasing that exact setup, so when he said he had it the way I wanted it, I was giddy as a school girl to fire it, and see how it is.
    Do you remember what model 22/45? I have a 22/45 lite.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Do you remember what model 22/45? I have a 22/45 lite.

The model number is 10149. The one with the rail on top and the rail under the barrel. Has a 4.5" barrel

10149.jpg

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Miss having iron sights? This is the one I'm looking at getting as well.

I bought model 10150. It is the same as the 10149, only with iron sights and no rails. I just purchased a rail on ebay. The gun already comes drilled and tapped and ready for a rail. The rail I bought is a longer weaver style ruger rail though. Kind of wish I bought the shorter picatinny one so there wouldn't be an overlap where the barrel extends past the body.

Jdmarshall

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Magnolia TX
    I shoot a Walther P22 with a spectre can but I dont like it not firing in single action all the time. It will drop the hammer SA and then fire in double action all the time. SA is on and off even with different ammo combinaitons.

Bout ready to get rid of this POS and go with a diffrend 22 pistol.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I shoot a Walther P22 with a spectre can but I dont like it not firing in single action all the time. It will drop the hammer SA and then fire in double action all the time. SA is on and off even with different ammo combinaitons.

Bout ready to get rid of this POS and go with a diffrend 22 pistol.
    I have one I'm going to try with the spectre 2. The manual from Walther suggests cci mini mags. I've ran it without a can and it shoots Aguila, cci standard velocity, sub sonic and ar tactical fine.

Top Bottom