• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I clarified what I meant by gun "nuts". You can choose to accept it or not.

If those are the terms you're going to use then you're not going to get people like me, who respect dissent and will listen to civil arguments, to listen, then I dont know what you're doing on this wonderful forum. I suppose the founding fathers were "liberty nuts" because they wanted to exercise all of their freedoms and not be restricted by the government?
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't know how much authority that statement gives the government. It is vague. I am bearing arms, but I do know that my right to bear arms is being restricted as to "where" I can CC, which is where the gun rights agenda needs to focus on. Not on open carry. Maybe someday SCOTUS will clarify.

I asked what it meant to you, not SCOTUS. I didn't ask where we should focus either.

You dodged the question, but your answer speaks volumes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If those are the terms you're going to use then you're not going to get people like me, who respect dissent and will listen to civil arguments, to listen, then I dont know what you're doing on this wonderful forum. I suppose the founding fathers were "liberty nuts" because they wanted to exercise all of their freedoms and not be restricted by the government?

He used the term because he believes those wanting to exercise their rights are being unreasonable and he sees them as being on a lower level than himself.

People use words for a reason, rarely is a plug such as that just an accident.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

Folks who believe gun rights begin and end with Open Carry are beyond reach. I am just thankful they (gun "nuts") are the minority in regard to open carry advocacy over what I consider to be more important restrictions on my gun rights as I have explained.

Please don't add the founding fathers into the mix and make a feeble attempt at equating my definition of gun "nuts" with one of my distant ancestors - none other than George Mason IV. Please stop. Present an argument, and please don't attempt to characterize my opinions as uncivil because I have different opinions than you, and/or I defined gun "nuts" as those who believe gun rights begin and end with open carry. It isn't a sound presentation.

I am finished with this thread. My position is known and it can't be disputed despite the efforts of some to resort to name calling. Oh, and by the way, referring to those who advocate open carry at the expense of other gun rights issues is not name calling because I wasn't directing gun "nuts" to any particular poster. Maybe the definition hit home. Nevertheless, have a good day.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Folks who believe gun rights begin and end with Open Carry are beyond reach. I am just thankful they (gun "nuts") are the minority in regard to open carry advocacy over what I consider to be more important restrictions on my gun rights as I have explained.

Please don't add the founding fathers into the mix and make a feeble attempt at equating my definition of gun "nuts" with one of my distant ancestors - none other than George Mason IV. Please stop. Present an argument, and please don't attempt to characterize my opinions as uncivil because I have different opinions than you, and/or I defined gun "nuts" as those who believe gun rights begin and end with open carry. It isn't a sound presentation.

I am finished with this thread. My position is known and it can't be disputed despite the efforts of some to resort to name calling. Oh, and by the way, referring to those who advocate open carry at the expense of other gun rights issues is not name calling because I wasn't directing gun "nuts" to any particular poster. Maybe the definition hit home. Nevertheless, have a good day.

Finished with the thread? Victory!

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Don't know how much authority that statement gives the government. It is vague. I am bearing arms, but I do know that my right to bear arms is being restricted as to "where" I can CC, which is where the gun rights agenda needs to focus on. Not on open carry. Maybe someday SCOTUS will clarify.

You pay a tax to carry your weapon legally and you want to preach about gun rights and the scotus. You are cracking me up. I hope there aren't a lot of people who think liks you do.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    lol, I was dorky enough to pitch in to support your one man "Open Bowie Knife Carry" after-party.
    Thanks!

RenegadeX posted this on another forum. It's why I posted the article about the drunk driver above.

As posted on truthaboutguns.com

576x367xcourtesy-Come-and-Take-It-Texas-facebook-page.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sBT-OF1vQC.webp

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Yes.

Is the gov't enfringing upon my right to "bear" arms? Yes, but not within the context most gun "nuts" think of. I believe the gov't's infringement upon my gun rights is restricting "where" I can CC. Does this help you?

Do you actually believe that? How can a governmental infringement be anything other than restrictive?

Top Bottom