• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    When will we learn that "in-your-face" open carry marches and parades add no value to our gun rights agenda. Just sayin....oh I support the 2nd amendment, I just don't know where "bear arms" = open carry. Am I not "bearing arms" when I conceal - carry? Just sayin......

Ok you "purists"...fire away.

Just. Stop. Posting.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Was listening to KLBJ today and on one of the hourly news promos they took a swipe at one of the attendees of the march. He was stating about how he is exercising his rights under the Constitution and they nitpicked that he was dumb because it's the Bill of Rights (which of course came later down the line) that guarantees these rights. Can't tell you how many times one of their pundits has reffered to the Bill of Rights as the Constitution. Hell the SCOTUS determines Constitutionality of laws based on the Bill of Rights.

I guess they're unfamiliar with the definition of the word "Amendment?" From Wikipedia:

An amendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution, or other legal document. It is based on the verb to amend, which means to change.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Beating a dead horse here...but "to bear" means to openly carry or display...concealed carry isn't necessarily "bearing."

Consider "bearing witness" in a court - do you openly state your case, or keep it to yourself?

"Do you wear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"Sure, but I'll just think it so that nobody gets scared."

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Beating a dead horse here...but "to bear" means to openly carry or display...concealed carry isn't necessarily "bearing."

Consider "bearing witness" in a court - do you openly state your case, or keep it to yourself?

"Do you wear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"Sure, but I'll just think it so that nobody gets scared."

Logic.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Really? Says who? You? Me? All I am saying is CC satisfies bearing arms. I do support getting rid of most if not all of CC restrictions as to where we can CC.

Except that CC requires permission from the government. Hardly equals bearing arms as per the 2nd Amendment.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

Solely your opinion as my opinion is that CC satisfies "bearing". I do support OC for CHL.

Last edited:

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    But both only at the permission of the government, right?

Yes.

Is the gov't enfringing upon my right to "bear" arms? Yes, but not within the context most gun "nuts" think of. I believe the gov't's enfringement upon my gun rights is restricting "where" I can CC. Does this help you?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Fyi, guys, the report posts function is quite effective. Just put troll in the description.

I have disagreed with you. I think those who hold different beliefs should be welcome here so long as they are civil in their challenges. I disagreed with you until he said "gun nuts".

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have disagreed with you. I think those who hold different beliefs should be welcome here so long as they are civil in their challenges. I disagreed with you until he said "gun nuts".

There is a difference between disagreement and being a liberal troll, who does nothing more than try to piss off members here.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes.

Is the gov't enfringing upon my right to "bear" arms? Yes, but not within the context most gun "nuts" think of. I believe the gov't's enfringement upon my gun rights is restricting "where" I can CC. Does this help you?

Gun nuts? The anti gunners would say anyone who carries a gun in any manner is a gun nut. I dont walk around downtown Austin with an AR but how does that make them gun nuts? In some ways I feel guilty as if I enjoy so many gun rights because there are people out there openly exercising their rights and reminding us that if we dont exercise the rights we will lose them.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Gun nuts? The anti gunners would say anyone who carries a gun in any manner is a gun nut. I dont walk around downtown Austin with an AR but how does that make them gun nuts? In some ways I feel guilty as if I enjoy so many gun rights because there are people out there openly exercising their rights and reminding us that if we dont exercise the rights we will lose them.

Allow me to clarify what I mean by gun "nuts". Those who think gun rights begin and end with Open Carry.

Hopefully that helps. If not, so be it.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who said they begin and end with open carry? I have not found one person who thinks open carry is the beginning OR the end of gun rights, it's simply one facet.

I can't stand these people who say they support the second amendment then go on to say how many things should not be allowed or how many restrictions should be in place.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do the words "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and beat arms shall not be infringed" mean to you?

How much authority does that statement give the government in the regulation of arms?

What arms does this include?

I think it's only fair to know exactly where you stand on the most basic level of this issue.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and beat arms shall not be infringed" mean to you?

How much authority does that statement give the government in the regulation of arms?

Don't know how much authority that statement gives the government. It is vague. I am bearing arms, but I do know that my right to bear arms is being restricted as to "where" I can CC, which is where the gun rights agenda needs to focus on. Not on open carry. Maybe someday SCOTUS will clarify.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom