• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Folks who believe gun rights begin and end with Open Carry are beyond reach. I am just thankful they (gun "nuts") are the minority in regard to open carry advocacy over what I consider to be more important restrictions on my gun rights as I have explained.

Please don't add the founding fathers into the mix and make a feeble attempt at equating my definition of gun "nuts" with one of my distant ancestors - none other than George Mason IV. Please stop. Present an argument, and please don't attempt to characterize my opinions as uncivil because I have different opinions than you, and/or I defined gun "nuts" as those who believe gun rights begin and end with open carry. It isn't a sound presentation.

I am finished with this thread. My position is known and it can't be disputed despite the efforts of some to resort to name calling. Oh, and by the way, referring to those who advocate open carry at the expense of other gun rights issues is not name calling because I wasn't directing gun "nuts" to any particular poster. Maybe the definition hit home. Nevertheless, have a good day.

Sadly, this thought process seems like a reoccurring theme among LEO's. They will tell you they support the 2a but this is what they really mean.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Let me state this out right so there is no misunderstanding. I support the concept of open carry of long, medium or short guns. However, I would NEVER purposefully practice that carry mode unless it was zombie apocolipse time. Just not my cup of tea as I think it puts a bullseye on your back for various reasons.

I do have concerns about these rallies. Not because they are full of "gun nuts" or how ever we want to classify people, but because of their impact. IMO to believe that in today's political climate gun parades will have the same impact as gay parades did is not realistic. In that sense I wonder if the end result is more negative than positive? Also these parades are ripe for accidents or not accidents depending on the thickness of the tin foil I'm wearing. It would not take much to turn a peaceful and productive rally into a zoo by simply squeezing off a few rounds or even dropping fire crackers on the road. Risk to reward balance seems to lean the wrong way.

Just wondering if there was a better way to achieve the same goal??

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Let me state this out right so there is no misunderstanding. I support the concept of open carry of long, medium or short guns. However, I would NEVER purposefully practice that carry mode unless it was zombie apocolipse time. Just not my cup of tea as I think it puts a bullseye on your back for various reasons.

I do have concerns about these rallies. Not because they are full of "gun nuts" or how ever we want to classify people, but because of their impact. IMO to believe that in today's political climate gun parades will have the same impact as gay parades did is not realistic. In that sense I wonder if the end result is more negative than positive? Also these parades are ripe for accidents or not accidents depending on the thickness of the tin foil I'm wearing. It would not take much to turn a peaceful and productive rally into a zoo by simply squeezing off a few rounds or even dropping fire crackers on the road. Risk to reward balance seems to lean the wrong way.

If there is no way to carry during times of peace how is there any chance we can carry during times of duress?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Also how is there any difference between a group of folks open carrying and a group of folks concealed carrying when some firecrackers go off?

Putting together a group or rally to protest things has been very effective at getting issues in the news and movements pushed forward. It's been used for many topics liberal and conservative. You're ignoring all those million mom marches, Black Panther Rallies, even Martin Luther King events or Tea Party rallies at the capitol of TX and the US capitol.

The signs carried here just aren't cardboard like the others, they're are just as lawful though.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The wording of the 2A is simple.
    Yep.. Make's me wonder how you all get it so wrong ;)

bear_arms_xlarge.jpeg

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Also how is there any difference between a group of folks open carrying and a group of folks concealed carrying when some firecrackers go off?

Putting together a group or rally to protest things has been very effective at getting issues in the news and movements pushed forward. It's been used for many topics liberal and conservative. You're ignoring all those million mom marches, Black Panther Rallies, even Martin Luther King events or Tea Party rallies at the capitol of TX and the US capitol.

The signs carried here just aren't cardboard like the others, they're are just as lawful though.
    Bingo. A right is a right regardless if we agree with it or not.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014

This is a very well thought out statement.

NOT!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom