Guns International

Oil/Gas Job fair in houston tomorrow(friday) Any of yall know anythign about it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Service companies for the refineries are always looking for people. But being that you live so far north that could be part of your problem.
    DK Firearms

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The oil and gas market has a big shortage of qualified people. As a result they are reducing their standards in order to fill positions. Your best shot is getting a job with a service company, that works in the petrochemical business. There you can acquire skills and experience to parlay into a better job. This is a prime time to get in because they have had to lower the requirements. Even the basic requirements include drug screen, a physical, and criminal background check. Big oil companies have the toughest requirements. Service companies that provide personnel to work onshore/offshore have much lower standards. In my opinion many of the service companies can use anybody to fill many of the positions, since each task is explained and monitored. Having half a brain, and an ability to follow instructions goes a long ways. If you are a hard worker you will always find work. The offshore work that I see, people do not work very hard...
    Good luck!

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    2 companies seemed interested in me today. May have to move to alice for one....a few just laughed at me...lol

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Close to Corpus Christi? Sounds like a yes please to me!

And it gives you another excuse to get the hell out of the boat house market.

Top Bottom