Texas SOT

Oil/Gas Job fair in houston tomorrow(friday) Any of yall know anythign about it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    As the title says, any of yall know any thing about it? I cant get anyone from the Job Fair Company to answer any questions. The ad says "Experienced Oil/gas Personel" but It doesnt say its required like some of them do. Im trying to decide if I just need to work on my boat(since its sinking), or chance wasting the day/money going down there and possibly getting turned away.
    Capitol Armory ad

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    You think its worth going and possibly wasting a day since i have ZERO experience, or do I just need to work on my boat So it doesnt sink...

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Wonder when the next one is...I really need to work on my boat...theres 6'' of water in it right now.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    And it would e a waste of time if I could get in lol. Ive heard of these job fairs for Oil/Gas that you cant get in the door without 2 years under your belt.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    You want to go and see if they have any Law shit? Its free...I finally got ahold of someone. He said they want experience, but anyone can come.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    With zero experience you are probably going to have to go take some lower paying entry level job and GET that experience. I have inquired to several places around here about oil field jobs and they tell me that with no experience the starting pay is low. Hang out for a year or two and it gets pretty good.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    Mike,

No oilfield company is really going to hire you with no experience. At least in the shops beyond a general hand and even those are hard to get. Keep in mind if you're looking to be a welder you'll need the licenses and API knowledge etc. Assemblers usually need crane and other over-head tools safety certificates.

If you know design software you could get on as an intern until you prove you're good at what you're doing.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Sell the damn boat. Get job.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Ive been trying to get a job, and the boat wont sell as is period and I live on it. It's not like I'm fixing a bass boat to go fishing. It's my home.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    With zero experience you are probably going to have to go take some lower paying entry level job and GET that experience. I have inquired to several places around here about oil field jobs and they tell me that with no experience the starting pay is low. Hang out for a year or two and it gets pretty good.

Yeah I know. Im not trying to be a dick but whys everyone keep telling me this? Everything Ive applied for is entry level no degree needed type stuff, and Ive been telling people Ill sweep floors if I have to to get a foot in the door. I even got yelled a by one of my "Friends" for applying to oil jobs titled "Entry Level" saying I needed to start out at lower jobs and telling me how I was a piece of shit and they were entry jobs....

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I know of people with no experience who got jobs around houston in the last month. The dumbass who told me just refuses to say where they got them even though he helped all the other guys.

Top Bottom