easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

I'm not much of a country music fan, but I got talked into going to an Aaron Lewis concert last night. Now I know he's also the lead singer for the rock group Staind, and that's part of the reason I agreed to go, but what I didn't know is how much of a conservative Aaron Lewis is. He came on stage wearing a MAGA hat and had the audience recite the "Pledge of Allegience". He played a couple of Staind songs, but I happened to notice that his country music had mostly to do with God, country and guns, in all it was quite enjoyable.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

I'm not much of a country music fan, but I got talked into going to an Aaron Lewis concert last night. Now I know he's also the lead singer for the rock group Staind, and that's part of the reason I agreed to go, but what I didn't know is how much of a conservative Aaron Lewis is. He came on stage wearing a MAGA hat and had the audience recite the "Pledge of Allegience". He played a couple of Staind songs, but I happened to notice that his country music had mostly to do with God, country and guns, in all it was quite enjoyable.
    Excellent. Sounds like a good concert.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hope the results come in with a clean bill of health, hope see you tomorrow.
    Agreed on both counts. A favorable result would compensate me for having to deal with the whole process. I now have another story about dealing with hospital bureaucracies, doctor office bureaucracies, and insurance companies. The details aren't important but sometimes I think the purpose of medical industry support staff and functions is to maximize patient frustration.

Stopping before the rant starts.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Agreed on both counts. A favorable result would compensate me for having to deal with the whole process. I now have another story about dealing with hospital bureaucracies, doctor office bureaucracies, and insurance companies. The details aren't important but sometimes I think the purpose of medical industry support staff and functions is to maximize patient frustration.

Stopping before the rant starts.
    Agreed, when they put you through so much BS when you want to dispute the cost, I think it is done to frustrate the customer so they just give up & pay the bill.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...they put you through so much BS when you want to dispute the cost...
    Yeah, that happens. In this case, though, I was trying to help them get paid. They hadn't followed proper procedures to be reimbursed by my sister's insurance but I ran into a brick wall trying to get them to do what they needed. Not a single person I talked to (directly or indirectly, 5 of them) could step back and realize that their normal workflow didn't apply in this case.

I would give odds that in the end my sister will get a bill for something the insurance would have paid for.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yeah, that happens. In this case, though, I was trying to help them get paid. They hadn't followed proper procedures to be reimbursed by my sister's insurance but I ran into a brick wall trying to get them to do what they needed. Not a single person I talked to (directly or indirectly, 5 of them) could step back and realize that their normal workflow didn't apply in this case.

I would give odds that in the end my sister will get a bill for something the insurance would have paid for.
    not to bring out my tin foil hat but, since the more your insurance screws you, the more money they make. And the hospital isn't following the insurance guidelines or whatever....

Top Bottom