• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Debating this elsewhere. We have no proof except the unsubstantiated claims in the article that this purchase is for the DHS. Nobody has a purchase order or press release saying it's for DHS, and I can't find one.

To be clear, we have verified that they (the DHS, for domestic use) have ordered a metric shit ton of ammo, bulletproof checkpoint boxes, APCs, tricked out AR-15s labeled as personal defense weapons, and they already have some MRAPs. The question here is if THIS order of MRAPs is for the DHS.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Well found this out. Seems legit, if you hear it they mention operators, arrests, a lot more

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    So they're going to be driven by telephone company employees?

I'm not worried. Anyone who calls himself an "Operator" is very likely a clueless asshole long on bravado and short on brains and skill.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Wonder if we have any DHS employees on this forum that care to shed some light on this? Any explanation?

This is just the type of thing that we have sat back for years and just ignored or not asked questions about. It is not only our right, but our responsibility to ask questions. We are still a free people, I think........so we better start acting as such. Remember, the morons up there in DC, yes even the morons working at DHS work for US! We pay them, although they forget that alot.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Re: Now DHS buys 2700 ligh armored vehicles

I'm not too worried about it. They're just upgrading from the armored trucks they have been using for years. The govt doesn't have the man power or ability to do a national take-over. Plus, a metric wratchet set is all you need to disable that vehicle. Don't even need to pop the hood. Just need a little time and stealth.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm not too worried about it. They're just upgrading from the armored trucks they have been using for years. The govt doesn't have the man power or ability to do a national take-over. Plus, a metric wratchet set is all you need to disable that vehicle. Don't even need to pop the hood. Just need a little time and stealth.

That's their evil plot to move us over to the metric system!!!! Moooohoohooowaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!!!!! (evil laugh)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Re: Now DHS buys 2700 ligh armored vehicles

I found it a bit disturbing how he refereed to the people operating and manning the vehicle as 'operators' and not as 'officers' or 'federal agents'.

Wonder the last time a mine went off in the US directed at any LE agency.

They're probably thinking ahead. If civil war broke out I'm willing to bet the opposition would use some sort of IED as a way to take out military vehicles that regular small arms couldn't. Who knows lol

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They're probably thinking ahead. If civil war broke out I'm willing to bet the opposition would use some sort of IED as a way to take out military vehicles that regular small arms couldn't. Who knows lol

If it's happening everywhere else in the world, no reason to assume it wouldn't here.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I really liked how when I got passed by a Harris County Sheriff Department SUV today, it had "Homeland Security" on the hood. Even sped up and caught it at the light to make sure, as I was asking a buddy of mine in the SO's office WTF on the phone. He said some new program...............:mad:

You are correct about thinking ahead, it's been in the works for a long time.

The Posse Comitatus Act somewhat restricts the use of the military as a national police force. The population would have a fit if the govt. were to deploy troops to occupy and enforce laws within our borders.

However, not many laws on the books regarding taking a police force and militarizing it, which if done slowly and 'for the safety of the children' will draw much less criticism, attention, and in a lot of cases public support. Hence, why you will see more armored vehicles, drones, and personnel wearing attire that resembles what a combat unit would wear rather than a peace officer.

In the end, there is no difference........................

Toss in a few false flag incidents and it will speed the process up.

Last edited:

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    TSA is part of DHS and they seem to think they're immune. Wouldn't be surprising if this attitude took root and spread through the rest of the agency. Creation of the DHS was the absolute worst decision George W Bush made during his time in office.

I looked at TSA when I was moving to TX. They lost me when the guy talks about how they are law enforcement and brought up all this off duty stuff as LEO's...blah blah. Spare me. They don't even carry a gun and are not LEOs IMO..

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    I really liked how when I got passed by a Harris County Sheriff Department SUV today, it had "Homeland Security" on the hood. Even sped up and caught it at the light to make sure, as I was asking a buddy of mine in the SO's office WTF on the phone. He said some new program...............:mad:

I've seen a couple of the "Homeland Security" SUV's around Houston. Are you sure they aren't one of those? I don't think Harris County has any vehicles with "Homeland Security" on them. Most of the Homeland Security SUV's frequent the area between I-45 south around 6-10 (they have a training building by Hobby airport on I-45 where they take up 3 floors of the office building) and their office downtown.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Now DHS buys 2700 ligh armored vehicles

I've seen a couple of the "Homeland Security" SUV's around Houston. Are you sure they aren't one of those? I don't think Harris County has any vehicles with "Homeland Security" on them. Most of the Homeland Security SUV's frequent the area between I-45 south around 6-10 (they have a training building by Hobby airport on I-45 where they take up 3 floors of the office building) and their office downtown.

I had some practically run me off the road, on 59 close to Victoria. I thought I was going fast at 80, they closed on me, in a few seconds and were out of site very quickly. Had to be going 95ish.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

100% sure. It caught me off guard, that is why I caught up with it and checked. Yes, it was definitely a Harris County Sheriff Department vehicle with Homeland Security on the hood. It was confirmed, as I said by a friend of mine in their office. Guess I should not have been on the phone and taken a picture of it instead.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom