• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    A direct strike on a west coast city might kill tens of thousands.

A detonation well above the west coast would send an EMP pulse that would put a significant portion of the west back into the pre-electronics era, the resulting devastation to our society would cost us millions of people in the first few months after.

I had the EMP discussion with an electrical engineer just 2 days ago. In a nutshell, a deliberate EMP is a very difficult feat to execute. At most an EMP would disable circuit controllers on transmission voltage lines, which have manual operated overrides and could be back in operation in hours. Modern circuitry would likely be unaffected. Radio transmitters would be susceptible to damage. Again, this comes from an engineer. I claim no knowledge or experience with EMPs.
    Please correct me if this is wrong.
    Lynx Defense

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Maybe Sen Feinstein's house would be near the explosion....Someone want to get those coordinates posted?

Shes going to add Nuclear missles to her bill along with the guns she wants done away with. She has nothing to worry about once they are against the law

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I had the EMP discussion with an electrical engineer just 2 days ago. In a nutshell, a deliberate EMP is a very difficult feat to execute. At most an EMP would disable circuit controllers on transmission voltage lines, which have manual operated overrides and could be back in operation in hours. Modern circuitry would likely be unaffected. Radio transmitters would be susceptible to damage. Again, this comes from an engineer. I claim no knowledge or experience with EMPs.
    Please correct me if this is wrong.

Depends on which "experts" you listen to Vaquero.

Here is your tax dollar generated report.
    http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

Even it says in some cases power could be disrupted for years. Cities like LA rely solely on electrical pumps to bring the water over the mountains into their city. Most post 1984 vehicles would not work, and panic would set in. There would be a disaster unlike any the US has seen if just that city lost power for an extended period of time, much less the west coast.

Questions to ask yourself, would the US take immediate action if the NKs advised of a peaceful satellite launch? (US did nothing last time) What if that peaceful satellite was a device designed to detonate about 250 miles up over Cali (or about the same height as the space station) and about 1/2 the size of the bombs we dropped on Japan?

Tons of reports out there on this, with a wide range of scenarios, but the worst ones are really bad, and the best ones are not really that pleasant also and only estimate moderate damage. Hard to tell what to believe these days.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Shes going to add Nuclear missles to her bill along with the guns she wants done away with. She has nothing to worry about once they are against the law

North Korea will ignore whatever law she wants just like about every american gun owner who still respects the constitution.

mfletch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Odessa
    For a damn country that by my understanding can barely feed its people, you'd think they'd have better things to spend their money on.

Sounds logical, but I've been guilty of spending grocery money on guns/ammo and having to eat Ramen for 2 wks.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The biggest thing I find funny about this whole deal is how well(sarcasm) these "tough" sanctions have worked to keep them from developing missiles and nukes. Ya know, the same type we are imposing on Iran and is suppose to stop them from doing anything. Theyre just like kids, theyll keep pushing and pushing til they get their ass beat. Thats what itll take but I dont think anyone takes NK seriously about this crap.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Maybe so, but what happens after that? These so called Peace talks that help? They are being punished now by use of sanctions, and from what I read that is what prompted this all of a sudden.
    How many should be shot down before you have to go to the source and kill it there? Just things to think about.

They do this every winter, they start making threats to countries all around the world trying to get heating oil and food. When that doesnt work they launch a missile near Japan or towards the US and try to put weight behind the threats. It's nothing new and sometimes it gets them what they want.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I would think that if they said they are going to launch a nuke towards the US, and then proceed to launch what even LOOKS like a nuke, we would shoot it down and that would be grounds for invasion of North Korea as well as possible WW3. That's just my thoughts. Not saying I hope it happens-just how I would think it would go down.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It happened in 2006 while i was stationed in Korea, we laughed at them when it splashed down in the ocean.

That's the result of most of their tests. Launch, rise into the sky....OOPS.....splashdown. The only country that really has to worry about North Korea is Japan...just because anything launched FROM N. Korea is going to end up crashing down on their country. The only support North Korea could possibly depend on would be China. China is who pulled their asses out of the fire during the Korean War. My Dad was there with Chesty Puller's bunch and he pointed that out a few times (when he WOULD talk about it) before he passed away last year.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    That's the result of most of their tests. Launch, rise into the sky....OOPS.....splashdown. The only country that really has to worry about North Korea is Japan...just because anything launched FROM N. Korea is going to end up crashing down on their country. The only support North Korea could possibly depend on would be China. China is who pulled their asses out of the fire during the Korean War. My Dad was there with Chesty Puller's bunch and he pointed that out a few times (when he WOULD talk about it) before he passed away last year.

After the failed launch at HI in 06 and the following nuke test, China told N. Korea they were on their own and didnt even send they usual heating oil. China told them not to do either and when they did both China said we're over.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One nuke isn't going to actually cause a lot of damage.

However, when we turn the USMC loose on North Koreabecause they messed up 20 blocks in one of our cities, I predict no two stones left standing atop each other in the whole country.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    One nuke isn't going to actually cause a lot of damage.

However, when we turn the USMC loose on North Koreabecause they messed up 20 blocks in one of our cities, I predict no two stones left standing atop each other in the whole country.

One problem with that. China wont like it anymore than they did the first time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    China can't afford to see the US fail. We owe them too much money.

I don't think a ground fight with North Korea would be that easy.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One problem with that. China wont like it anymore than they did the first time.

China would be a challenge, but we have what it takes to stomp them.

China can't afford to see the US fail. We owe them too much money.

Oh, it would be ugly I'm sure. But the end result would be no more North Korea.

A ground fight against a country where starvation is one of the main causes of death is not going to be as nasty as we might think.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)

A ground fight against a country where starvation is one of the main causes of death is not going to be as nasty as we might think.

Maybe, but you will hard pressed to find a people more devoted to their leader than those people. Whether it's out of fear, or delusion, those people worship the ground that turd walks on. Not to mention that if any one of them weren't willing to pick up a rifle and kill for their country they'd be killed themselves. Also keep in mind that it's a government, not an organization like Al Qaeda. If they do indeed have nukes, I think it's safe to say Un wouldn't hesitate to detonate one, even in a populated area, to fend of an enemy attack.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station

The problem with a war with N. Korea is; first, all of S. Korea and a large portion of Japan (US bases) would be taken out in a first strike from their artillery before anyone knew they wanted to start a fight. Assuming they take the first action. Then you will have a wall of near a million bodies flooding over the border. Troops would then need to be brought it from the States and European stations. The fight would be near what it was the first time. Except now they do have a naval force (unlike the first time) and stronger air force than the 50's. They also have small scale nukes and are insane enough to deploy them all over the battle field. It will not be as easy of a fight as one might think.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    On a positive note, North Korea does not have the capability to make their nuclear bombs small enough to put on a missle. But it gives us an excuse to test our missle defense system the next time they launch another one. We could say " Oh we did not want to take any chances since they said they were going to attack us". Its like free defensive practice. Just shoot down every satellite launch they do.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They do this every winter, they start making threats to countries all around the world trying to get heating oil and food. When that doesnt work they launch a missile near Japan or towards the US and try to put weight behind the threats. It's nothing new and sometimes it gets them what they want.
    ...and why threats get them free stuff instead of getting bombed will always confuse me.

That's just the thing... The only boots we'd need on the ground is a couple combat controllers making sure the bombs hit their target. We don't need to actually invade any country to tell them to STFU.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom