• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The problem with a war with N. Korea is; first, all of S. Korea and a large portion of Japan (US bases) would be taken out in a first strike from their artillery before anyone knew they wanted to start a fight. Assuming they take the first action. Then you will have a wall of near a million bodies flooding over the border. Troops would then need to be brought it from the States and European stations. The fight would be near what it was the first time. Except now they do have a naval force (unlike the first time) and stronger air force than the 50's. They also have small scale nukes and are insane enough to deploy them all over the battle field. It will not be as easy of a fight as one might think.

Their air force is larger and has some modernish aircraft, but is still a joke. Their pilots are getting like 3-5 hours a month. They're not combat effective.

Their troops... yeah, I'm sorry but I can't feel terror at a million dudes who are built like 13 year olds because of the toll starvation took on them as the grew up.

No matter how you slice it, they're a very poor country. Their logistics would collapse in less than a month.
    Venture Surplus ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I still don't get why we can't just send in a few groups of SpecOps guys to do a combined assault on a few different locations and take out all the top brass at the same time. At least get the guys who can immediately turn around and get a war going. Cut off the head first, and then do a combined Air, Sea, and Land assault with any other country who has something against N. Korea helping out.

But then again, I'm just dreaming. I think it's time to go dust of the ol Red Alert. :D

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I still don't get why we can't just send in a few groups of SpecOps guys to do a combined assault on a few different locations and take out all the top brass at the same time.
    South Korea probably doesn't want that to happen. If N. Korea ever fell into anarchy they'd be overwhelmed with refugees. It'd probably be better to blow up some military target any time they rattle their saber, but leave the despots in power.

Dang, why don't we all have jobs as military strategists? ;)

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Their air force is larger and has some modernish aircraft, but is still a joke. Their pilots are getting like 3-5 hours a month. They're not combat effective.

Their troops... yeah, I'm sorry but I can't feel terror at a million dudes who are built like 13 year olds because of the toll starvation took on them as the grew up.

No matter how you slice it, they're a very poor country. Their logistics would collapse in less than a month.

I spent time in an intel shop in Korea after i got put on desk duty, their forces are not as hard off as the media and world make them seem.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom