• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I have AR10’s and an M1A Scout with several different stocks and the M1 with a VLTOR (pronounced UL-TOR) is the shiznit with an entirely different feel and shooting experience.

The difference is analogous in some ways to sex. Shooting an AR10 is like having sex with a long married wife; comfortable, familiar, easy to shoot to the point of being boring or tedious at times.

My M1A with the VLTOR is like sex with a tall slim, pale skinned redhead with tats. Fun, exciting, noisy, and you can shoot the hell out of it to exhaustion and still want more.
    DK Firearms

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I can't imagine buying either one in today's market.
    I bought my SOCOM 16 beginning of 2009. I got a big re-enlistment bonus and wanted to spend some of it. I paid a premium thanks to the new CiC that year. Also had to wait almost months to get the OD green one.

They are a lot cheaper now than when I bought mine. Why bad time?

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Shooting an AR10 is like having sex with a long married wife; comfortable, familiar, easy to shoot to the point of being boring or tedious at times.

My M1A with the VLTOR is like sex with a tall slim, pale skinned redhead with tats. Fun, exciting, noisy, and you can shoot the hell out of it to exhaustion and still want more.

I can think of no better argument for owning both! Excuse me for a moment, I need a cigarette.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have AR10’s and an M1A Scout with several different stocks and the M1 with a VLTOR (pronounced UL-TOR) is the shiznit with an entirely different feel and shooting experience.

The difference is analogous in some ways to sex. Shooting an AR10 is like having sex with a long married wife; comfortable, familiar, easy to shoot to the point of being boring or tedious at times.

I dated one.... I can attest to that.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seems like a blond vs. brunette debate.

I'm not so bold or confident to purport to tell you whether you'd prefer a blond or a brunette.

Nice thing though.
    I can own an AR10 and an M1A at the same time and my life would be serene with little to no drama for a relatively small amount of money.
    Were I to try to marry (or even date) a blond and a brunette simultaneously my life would be terribly drama-filled and it would become hideously expensive.

Do the sensible thing.
    Buy both rifles and find one sturdy and reliable woman.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    https://www.gunwerks.com/uploads/images/original/BDC.jpg

Sidebar:
    BTW I'm growing weary of the great .308 being maligned as having mortar-like trajectory!
    Fake news!!!!!
    At 500 yard the drop of a 6.5 CM is only 5-6 inches less that a .308.

I dearly wish we all could have the opportunity to shoot that far more often.

With that said.....I'm on the market for a 6.5 CM upper for my AR10.
    :)

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Seems like a blond vs. brunette debate.

I'm not so bold or confident to purport to tell you whether you'd prefer a blond or a brunette.

Nice thing though.
    I can own an AR10 and an M1A at the same time and my life would be serene with little to no drama for a relatively small amount of money.
    Were I to try to marry (or even date) a blond and a brunette simultaneously my life would be terribly drama-filled and it would become hideously expensive.

Do the sensible thing.
    Buy both rifles and find one sturdy and reliable woman.
    I DISAGREE!!!!

You didn’t mention redheads. I’m like totally triggered at your discrimination.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    If y'all want to make this about women, you need to consider something besides the single "sexy" appeal...swinging...

The M1A requires remaining loyal to a single round...in this case, 7.62*51 (AKA .308).

The AR-10 is more 'flexible" and doesn't mind you acquiring other uppers, and will share her lower with lots of other rounds, like the .338 Federal ,6.5 Creedmore ,260 Remington , 243 Winchester , 7 mm-08 , I'm sure there are more .

Top Bottom