Lynx Defense

Neighborly muzzle device for indoor use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintTim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2024
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks for the input, everybody! I pushed myself over the fence and ordered a suppressor (Rugged Alaskan 360). In the meantime I've stuck an inexpensive stainless steel A2 flash hider on my 16" build and had a great time shooting during a pretty quiet part of the day yesterday. I think that will work perfectly until the suppressor gets in
    Target Sports

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I've noticed a trend away from brakes. Maybe 10-5 years ago fancy brakes were all the rage. Now it's flash suppressors with the ability to stick a can on.
    I dont want or own either because brakes are loud regardless of the BS test someone posted. If and when I buy a rifle with a brake it gets removed and tossed and suppressors look like shit on anything. IMO and that's the way I like it.

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I want or own neither brakes are loud regardless of the BS test someone posted. If and when I buy a rifle with a brake it gets removed and tossed and suppressors look like shit on anything. IMO and that's the way I like it.
    Sith Lord 07022024032217.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I disagree with him on suppressors, but consider that muzzle brakes were specifically allowed under the AWB. Muzzle brakes are as fudd as it gets
    Not following your logic there. If it was allowed under the 94-04 AWB it's automatically fudd territory? I'd argue fudd territory = non-threaded barrel where as anything that attaches via threads = non fudd. Recent anti-gun legislation (look at IL) now include threaded barrels as "assault weapon" features....even on handguns.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not following your logic there. If it was allowed under the 94-04 AWB it's automatically fudd territory? I'd argue fudd territory = non-threaded barrel where as anything that attaches via threads = non fudd. Recent anti-gun legislation (look at IL) now include threaded barrels as "assault weapon" features....even on handguns.

It's certainly getting closer to fudd territory. Certainly a lot of fudds back then thought the AWB was gods gift to the world

Besides back then threaded barrels weren't all that common to begin with.

Amd every fudd i see with some bubbad milsurp or cheap AR has some ginormous muzzle brake either pinned or threaded on. It's their muzzle device of choice

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I have a YHM muzzle break with a QD blast deflector until my can gets out of NFA jail this is a decent option and I like it. It helps what little recoil 556 has and it push’s straight back but just looks goofy.
    1707419960949.jpeg

SaintTim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2024
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have a YHM muzzle break with a QD blast deflector until my can gets out of NFA jail this is a decent option and I like it. It helps what little recoil 556 has and it push’s straight back but just looks goofy.
    View attachment 433063
    I think it fits the rifle well, personally. Very slick set-up.

What optic is that? I went with a Primary Arms Microprism 1x and a Primary Arms 3x Magnifier on a flip mount, but I want to look at some more optic configurations.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    A flash hider like an A2 is fine on a 5.56.
    On a .308 and up, a true brake helps more, and will annoy people off to the side. The Warden from Surefire is a good option for barrels under 20”. Longer and it could throw off accuracy. You can get a shift in point of impact.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I think it fits the rifle well, personally. Very slick set-up.

What optic is that? I went with a Primary Arms Microprism 1x and a Primary Arms 3x Magnifier on a flip mount, but I want to look at some more optic configurations.
    Thank you, the optic is a Trijicon Acog TA31-D fixed 4x on a Larue QD mount.

Top Bottom