• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    What the heck is this?

An antenna of some sort obviously. It was sitting in the street right in front of my house this morning. At first sight I thought it was the key from masters of the universe. :) It has a coaxel type cable coming out of it with female port on the end.
    Gun Zone Deals

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Looks like an alien antenna from an alien ship originating in the Andromeda Galaxy... Or a cb antenna...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Looks like an alien antenna from an alien ship originating in the Andromeda Galaxy... Or a cb antenna...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    I already have plans to make it into a CB antenna which is what I thought it was. The co axel cable is throwing me off though.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I've seen many CB antennas use coaxial cable. Especially for built in vehicle units. Used to have one.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've seen many CB antennas use coaxial cable. Especially for built in vehicle units. Used to have one.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    Shows how much I know about CB's lol. I use to have one when I was teen in my truck, never paid attention to what was coming out the back.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It's not big enough to transmit or receive CB signals (27mhz.). It most likely works on 800 to 1000 mhz. (cell or trunking systems). The horizontal elements (6) at the base represent a ground plane. The vertical with the little curly Q in the middle is a co-linear set up and is that transmits and receives. It's an omnidirectional antenna, not any sort of beam.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It's not big enough to transmit or receive CB signals (27mhz.). It most likely works on 800 to 1000 mhz. (cell or trunking systems). The horizontal elements (6) at the base represent a ground plane. The vertical with the little curly Q in the middle is a co-linear set up and is that transmits and receives. It's an omnidirectional antenna, not any sort of beam.

What are they used for?

Top Bottom