• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Person with gun reported on MIT campus | Boston Herald

Mall ninja running around MIT right now.

Police are responding to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology after a report of a person with a long rifle and body armor on campus, according to an alert the university sent to students.
    MIT said information was received from Cambridge Police that the person was in the Main Group Building on campus.
    Multiple police agencies have responded to the area.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Word is someone mistook an umbrella for a rifle...

How the **** is that possible? Seriously, just... Good Lord. If that is the case, then whoever reported it must be nearly blind.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    It's Massachusetts, people aren't the brightest up there. Just because someone goes to MIT doesn't make them smart.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Being stupid is one thing. Not being able to tell a common household object apart from a firearm is something else entirely.

Personally, I'm leaning towards whoever reported this either being an idiot or paranoid, possibly both.

Last edited:

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Happens more often than you think...

A couple years ago, an entire shopping mall was evacuated in the Omaha area for a man with an umbrella.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Or just trying to stir shit up.

Sent from my toaster using secret alien technology.

Yeah, that too.

Happens more often than you think...

A couple years ago, an entire shopping mall was evacuated in the Omaha area for a man with an umbrella.

OK, that's just sad...

I can see someone making that kind of mistake from a distance (30 yards or so), but unless someone is actually -looking- for a rifle (or something that loosely resembles one), or their vision sucks/they don't bother getting a closer look, I don't think it's very likely.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah, that too.

OK, that's just sad...

I can see someone making that kind of mistake from a distance (30 yards or so), but unless someone is actually -looking- for a rifle (or something that loosely resembles one), or their vision sucks/they don't bother getting a closer look, I don't think it's very likely.

If by some crazy chance they actually do think that it is a rifle, why on earth would they try to get a closer look?

My vote is for someone needing more time to study.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    If by some crazy chance they actually do think that it is a rifle, why on earth would they try to get a closer look?

My vote is for someone needing more time to study.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a common-sense sort of thing to take a closer look, or at least another look, especially if you see something that you aren't expecting to see (in this case, someone lugging a rifle around on school property).

Top Bottom