• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They offer a "grouser" option for the tracks to make the cleats longer. I had already given that thought and decided I'll probably just use some 1" or 1 1/4" angle iron welded to the cleats to give them more traction.
    Looking at the tracks, I'd be real tempted to tack on some square stock to every 2nd or 3rd track to give 'em some "bite" in the ground. And yeah - that blade is thin as hell - but if you're just going to be pushing dirt and light material around, it'll probably do okay. Bear in mind - I've run everything up to 977K's, and have dug more than one tank with one. There's ALWAYS something bigger/better/more capable....until it has to come out of YOUR wallet! LOL
    For ME it wouldn't work - I don't have the patience. Yet I've used Bobcat's more than once to clear many a mile of fenceline that a larger machine would have done in half the time...at 3 times the cost.
    Whatever you use, it'll never be quite "big enough"...or else it's gonna be TOO damn big. And if you can just afford ONE, yeah - go with what the budget allows - both in initial cost AND maintenance. Blades and pivot points can be rebuilt/beefed up.
    I also plan on beefing up the blade with some extra supports at the rear. Main function of the blade will be pushing small brush piles along with grading the driveway a few times a year.

Being the pack rats my father and I are, we have lots of metal scrap that can be utilized to modify the mini-dozer.

If someone wanted to, I'd be happy with someone buying me a D5 or D6 Cat! Santa sure didn't bring me one!
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    you can rent a bobcat several times for that 5K and never have to worry about repairs or upkeep.
    Also, no matter how many times I rent it, I'll never own it either. Owning it, I can use it anytime, for as long as I need to use it. Also don't have to worry about picking it up or delivering it back to the rental place at the end of the day. Don't have to have a truck and trailer to transport it either, or pay delivery charges because I don't have a truck and trailer.

If I needed to transport the mini-dozer, I could use a smaller truck with an 8 to 10 foot utility trailer with about a 1500 lb. capacity to haul it with.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Since it's my money and my project, it means I can consider or reject anything that I think is or isn't relevant to my purposes.

While this is true, I don’t think anyone has reached the conclusion that this would be a smart option and those who have pointed out it wouldn’t have been either ignored or accused of being trolls.

So why even ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    While this is true, I don’t think anyone has reached the conclusion that this would be a smart option and those who have pointed out it wouldn’t have been either ignored or accused of being trolls.

So why even ask?

Like I said, my money, my project, so I can consider or reject any suggestions based upon my specific needs and purposes.

And I only considered one member to be trolling with his remarks. I also explained why some suggestions were rejected, but they were not ignored.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Komatsu D20/D21, John Deere 450, or a Case 450. You can transport them all with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. Realistically, if you're buying it for home use how often will you transport it? Big enough to move dirt and take down trees but small enough to keep at home and not be too big. Spare parts are easily found. I come across multiple examples on FB market place for 10k. If you already have 5k to spend you're halfway there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Komatsu D20/D21, John Deere 450, or a Case 450. You can transport them all with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck. Realistically, if you're buying it for home use how often will you transport it? Big enough to move dirt and take down trees but small enough to keep at home and not be too big. Spare parts are easily found. I come across multiple examples on FB market place for 10k. If you already have 5k to spend you're halfway there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It has been discussed many times that Axxe doesn't really want to hear better alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It has been discussed many times that Axxe doesn't really want to hear better alternatives.

Let's be fair here....sometimes there are reasons behind reasons that someone might be disinclined to go into. He HAS been listening - even often explaining why something isn't workable in his opinion. Regardless, it's HIS money and HIS choice. Has this forum gotten to the point that to not agree with a presented option is grounds to give someone grief?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Let's be fair here....sometimes there are reasons behind reasons that someone might be disinclined to go into. He HAS been listening - even often explaining why something isn't workable in his opinion. Regardless, it's HIS money and HIS choice. Has this forum gotten to the point that to not agree with a presented option is grounds to give someone grief?

You must be new. Lol

Forum is as its always been. And it’s always been normal that when someone asks for opinions and then disregards them they tend to catch some flak for it.

You aren’t exactly innocent when it comes to letting your feelings be known when you don’t agree with someone. You’re known for it by many, lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If I were to say I wanted to shoot 1k and I found a scope that was much cheaper than the alternatives and Barska looked like a good option for me, people would point out all the reasons it wouldn’t be a great idea. If I told them their reasons didn’t matter for my purpose regardless of all the flaws I would catch some flak. This isn’t really any different.

I look forward to hearing how it works for him. Hell, maybe it will be perfect, stranger things have happened. But I don’t expect it to be the case. There’s reasons we don’t see 5hp dozers in use anywhere.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If I were to say I wanted to shoot 1k and I found a scope that was much cheaper than the alternatives and Barska looked like a good option for me, people would point out all the reasons it wouldn’t be a great idea. If I told them their reasons didn’t matter for my purpose regardless of all the flaws I would catch some flak. This isn’t really any different.

I look forward to hearing how it works for him. Hell, maybe it will be perfect, stranger things have happened. But I don’t expect it to be the case. There’s reasons we don’t see 5hp dozers in use anywhere.

well they must be used somewhere they have been selling them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    well they must be used somewhere they have been selling them.

I bought one once hoping to use it as a cheap option for close range on a Pistol caliber carbine.

Returned it to Walmart a few days later, lol.

Top Bottom