• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I will never succumb to the temptation of doing the paperwork to get a silencer. If passed, the new law will change that and I'll probably pop for several cans. (Note the pun?). Until then....sorry I can't be of any help.

Flash

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Bad decisions and market timing.......

All distributors and gun shops have seen a slow down, even many ranges. We just had the slowest week in years, this week.

It will be a buyers market sooner than later as prices will most certainly have to fall as an incentive for the public to start purchasing again.....

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    The bogey man has been vanquished for now. IMO the industry as a whole and the gun community as a whole will see a slow down in gun sales, ammo buying ect.

With the market as oversaturated with AR15s as it is right now it may start raining cheap quality ARs soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I went in to Cabelas today and they had more powder on the shelf than I ever remember seeing.

We are about to see who can adapt, and who was only surviving on the day of a market in overdrive.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    If you want a can buy it now. If the HPA passes you'll get a tax credit and you'll get a can. If you wait for the HPA to pass the rush to buy cans will be so massive it may take a very long time to actually find one in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Or we'll see very little change as the subsection of the already small active gun community that cares about suppressors won't be enough to really effect the market.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I went in to Cabelas today and they had more powder on the shelf than I ever remember seeing.

We are about to see who can adapt, and who was only surviving on the day of a market in overdrive.

Guess I need to swing by and scoop up some powder and primers.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I agree. The last 8 years created fear and a boom for the industry. The downside of a more gun friendly administration is the removal of fear and thus demand. But SilencerCo's issues go even further since competition is leaving them behind.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Or we'll see very little change as the subsection of the already small active gun community that cares about suppressors won't be enough to really effect the market.

I think there will be a small rush and drought but the manufacturers will be able to resupply fairly quickly.

I agree that the suppressor buying market is a small percentage of the population.

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    I agree. The last 8 years created fear and a boom for the industry. The downside of a more gun friendly administration is the removal of fear and thus demand. But SilencerCo's issues go even further since competition is leaving them behind.

How is competition leaving them behind?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm with Roger4314,.

I'm not going to dance the paper work dance for a suppressor.

I can live without one.

If the bs paperwork and tax cost is eliminated, I'll buy many a suppressor, but not until.

If that's never, well, no problem. I've gotten along fine without them.

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    That's funny. Since Dead Air is basically SilencerCo and the guy that left AAC to go Sig then stated it was the most advanced product and then left to form Q. How much "innovation" at this point can there be? People for whatever reason are attracted to something even if it is merely a repackage. They are all quality suppressors which offer very little if any difference in performance.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    That's funny. Since Dead Air is basically SilencerCo and the guy that left AAC to go Sig then stated it was the most advanced product and then left to form Q. How much "innovation" at this point can there be?

Apparently you are not familiar with the latest products from these companies. 22lr for example - oculus, erector, el Camino, while SiCo still sells the 10 year old sparrow, warlock & Spectre.

Brian C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Outside Bee Cave
    Sounds like they are too stupid to be in business. Not having non competition agreements in place and rolling the heads of your brain trust? That's just stupid. Parting ways with your biggest distributor? What were they thinking? Did Obama buy the company or what?

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    Whatever floats your boat. I'm quite aware what's out there. New cool names does not equate in performance upgrade. I have more than a few SiCo and Griffin cans, and a couple of SFs on the way. I'm not brand loyal. My point is that there is very little difference by way of actual performance in any of the several quality can manufacturers out there.

Brian C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Outside Bee Cave
    I'm with Roger4314,.

I'm not going to dance the paper work dance for a suppressor.

I can live without one.

If the bs paperwork and tax cost is eliminated, I'll buy many a suppressor, but not until.

If that's never, well, no problem. I've gotten along fine without them.

The increase in cost from the increase in demand will be more than the tax.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Whatever floats your boat. I'm quite aware what's out there. New cool names does not equate in performance upgrade. I have more than a few SiCo and Griffin cans, and a couple of SFs on the way. I'm not brand loyal. My point is that there is very little difference by way of actual performance in any of the several quality can manufacturers out there.

It is a marketing driven industry. Newer is perceived as better. SiCo sales are flat, newer companies stuff is flying off the shelves.

Performance has little to do with it.

Top Bottom