vulture-circling-gif-3.gif

What caliber lever gun?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have not gotten any info because I can find "NO" label, markings, stamping, etc. with the exception of a four digit number at the rear of the action. I took it apart and looked for any info on the stock, action, barrel, etc. There is nothing there. I have good vision, I'm not senile, and I've been shooting for at least 60 years. I'm no expert but there is just nothing there. If anyone wants to come look at it, they are certainly welcome to come by the house.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I
    I have not gotten any info because I can find "NO" label, markings, stamping, etc. with the exception of a four digit number at the rear of the action. I took it apart and looked for any info on the stock, action, barrel, etc. There is nothing there. I have good vision, I'm not senile, and I've been shooting for at least 60 years. I'm no expert but there is just nothing there. If anyone wants to come look at it, they are certainly welcome to come by the house.

Is the rear sight hiding the manufacturer? The barrel should have date & Ordanance Bomb on the top side of the barrel

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sorry for being so late. Evidently I just missed seeing the responses. I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow. I will repeat that it has NO manufacturer or designation number other than the six digit number on the top of the action a the very end toward the butt stock. I'll send the pictures tomorrow as I'm tied up right now. I've looked many times for all the info only to find that number and yes I removed the action from the stock several time with no luck.

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Does the lack of markings suggest it is a new commercial Auto Ordnance carbine? My friend bought one a few years ago, but I have not seen it field stripped.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Does the lack of markings suggest it is a new commercial Auto Ordnance carbine? My friend bought one a few years ago, but I have not seen it field stripped.
    He had replied that he had been shooting it for 60 years so I don't believe it would be.

Top Bottom