• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Make it like that 10/22 charger thing, pistol grip bipod kinda thing, a lemme know when you shoot it... I gotta record that one... :)

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God...

I can't even imagin the damage something like that could do...
    Gun Zone Deals

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I am not so sure to 'practice' gunsmithing on a weapon is a good idea.
    I suppose you could do assembly and disassembly but why a POS weapon?
    If you are going to do anything affecting live fire then caution is in order as well as to do procedures incrementally.
    In any event experience for just one weapon is useless unless maybe you are going to only repair one weapon in the future.
    I think a better plan is in order but that's just my opinion.
    Good Luck and be careful.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I am not so sure to 'practice' gunsmithing on a weapon is a good idea.
    I suppose you could do assembly and disassembly but why a POS weapon?
    If you are going to do anything affecting live fire then caution is in order as well as to do procedures incrementally.
    In any event experience for just one weapon is useless unless maybe you are going to only repair one weapon in the future.
    I think a better plan is in order but that's just my opinion.
    Good Luck and be careful.

How else does one learn to work on something without practice? I will never be able to refinish a gun, or do basic metal work if I cant practice on something. You have to start somewhere... I would rather not ruin a nice gun or try fix something that isn't broken. Ive never attempted to do something unless I was confident I could do it. I don't understand your thoughts on "experience for just one weapon is useless"... In terms of refinishing, guns are all the same with different finishes, in terms of mechanical parts and metal work, Some things are the same while other parts differ, but I can't learn anything unless I am able to handle the gun and that can only come one at a time. If the gun needs a firing pin, ill replace it, if the trigger doesn't work, Ill do my research and fix it, if the barrel is shot out, ill find a replacement and do the headspacing, if it needs a refinish, ill do my research and refinsih it properly, if it has a broken stock, ill find one or make one, if it appears unsafe to shoot in general, I will just practice on it and likely never fire it without the opinion of someone more experienced. Every gunsmith out there is still learning about guns as they come in for work. I appreciate your concerns and opinions, but I am not going to take a gun and do something foolish with it. I didn't clarify my intentions specifically, so I understand where you are coming from.

Top Bottom