• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    So I am contemplating going to gunsmith school at some point, but I am looking for anyone who has some worn out hunk O'crap gun that needs some work. Something that I could tinker and practice on? I don't really care what it is or what condition it is in as long as it is still able to shoot or can be made to shoot without replacing every square inch of the gun. If you have something let me know what you have and how much you want for it!

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Venture Surplus ad

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    look for people selling their hi point pistols because of feeding or jamming. They can be made into some pretty reliable pistols if you polish the parts and replace a few parts. If all else fails you can send it back to the manufacturer and get a brand new pistol that you can sell and make your money back. [hi point has a lifetime warranty on all its firearms.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    look for people selling their hi point pistols because of feeding or jamming. They can be made into some pretty reliable pistols if you polish the parts and replace a few parts. If all else fails you can send it back to the manufacturer and get a brand new pistol that you can sell and make your money back. [hi point has a lifetime warranty on all its firearms.

I have a couple hi-points that I had to polish a bit, but they run like a swiss watch. I can never find any hi-points for sale... new or used. perhaps I am not looking hard enough though. Hi point reminds me of my pug... so ugly that they are cute! certainly an option though!

I guess I am looking for something that requires as much cosmetic work as it does parts work... if not more.

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    I don't own a POS gun...however I did want to comment on you possibly becoming a gunsmith...Godspeed to you man. I think it's awesome that someone else wants to do gunsmithing...kind of a lost art these days...good luck! (I mean the "good luck" in a positive way, FYI!)

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I don't own a POS gun...however I did want to comment on you possibly becoming a gunsmith...Godspeed to you man. I think it's awesome that someone else wants to do gunsmithing...kind of a lost art these days...good luck! (I mean the "good luck" in a positive way, FYI!)

I didn't figure many folks here would own anything of Junk status... but it is worth a shot! Appreciate you wishing me luck!

Im 23 and I am not really happy unless I am doing something with my hands... figure I can put that and my extreme love of guns together. I own a pizza place now but I go stir crazy sitting here sometimes, so in my spare time I figure it would be a good time to start getting some experience under my belt.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have a Century FAL .308 if you are interested. I also have a set of FAL gunsmithing DVD's and FAL gunsmithing manuals for it. I think it shoots pretty well, but it is not a looker. Some parts like the trigger guard could be refinished, but it is not a rusted out POS. I might be willing to make you a deal if interested. Unfortunately you are in the Hill Country and I am in Houston, so that may present a problem. PM me if interested. I was going to photograph it and put it for sale this weekend anyway. Any purchase would have to be FTF with proper ID.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I have a Century FAL .308 if you are interested. I also have a set of FAL gunsmithing DVD's and FAL gunsmithing manuals for it. I think it shoots pretty well, but it is not a looker. Some parts like the trigger guard could be refinished, but it is not a rusted out POS. I might be willing to make you a deal if interested. Unfortunately you are in the Hill Country and I am in Houston, so that may present a problem. PM me if interested. I was going to photograph it and put it for sale this weekend anyway. Any purchase would have to be FTF with proper ID.

PM sent.

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    What kind of price range are we talking about here? I have seen some old relics that need work but they are very expensive.

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    I use my mosin for this... Put a butt pad on it for the practice... Also shortened and recrowned the barrel, it kinda needed a recrown, but mainly because I wanted to...

$100 if you destroy it buy the part you broke and go about replacing... You could also shorten the foregrip and put a black resin cap on it like on "nice" hunting rifles... Could reshape the grip, bed the action... Not because the gun is worth it but because you would rather screw that up and learn from it than a remington 700...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God...

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I use my mosin for this... Put a butt pad on it for the practice... Also shortened and recrowned the barrel, it kinda needed a recrown, but mainly because I wanted to...

$100 if you destroy it buy the part you broke and go about replacing... You could also shorten the foregrip and put a black resin cap on it like on "nice" hunting rifles... Could reshape the grip, bed the action... Not because the gun is worth it but because you would rather screw that up and learn from it than a remington 700...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

I was thinking about that... I would have to find a mosin (not that it is hard) because I do not want to do that to my Mosin M44... That will likely be what I do, If I break it, ill make a nice lamp out of it!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

I think you'd find that you wound up with a rather nice rifle after doing all that work on "just a cheap mosin"

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    and if you completely screw it up you can pay the $200 making tax and make a pistol out of it, then flip and sell it for $600, sue the cash to buy another. or you know, keep it...because a mosin pistol would be awesome!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    and if you completely screw it up you can pay the $200 making tax and make a pistol out of it, then flip and sell it for $600, sue the cash to buy another. or you know, keep it...because a mosin pistol would be awesome!

You think they would let me carry a mosin pistol? The thought of that makes my hand hurt.

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    You think they would let me carry a mosin pistol? The thought of that makes my hand hurt.

Make it like that 10/22 charger thing, pistol grip bipod kinda thing, a lemme know when you shoot it... I gotta record that one... :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom