• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    haha jared's an asshat, we always talk smack about each other.

Anyway, this thread is just for Ben, and I've overstayed my welcome, if it ever existed to begin with, so I will butt out of this thread.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... I've overstayed my welcome, ...
    No, you haven't. Despite the thread title, I think most folks realize I'm fairly sociable. Chatter in here bothers me not at all. In fact, I like it.

No update pic tonite. I started this thread with the idea of taking a pic every night. Yesterday, though, the scrape on the side of my face was hurting so bad that I came up with a very large, elaborate bandage to cover the entire impacted area, put on some cream that does wonders with burns and scrapes (silver sulfadiazene; everybody should get a prescription and keep this stuff around), and then applied the bandage. It's working so well, I decided to leave it in place for 48 hours. I could take a picture, but there wouldn't be anything to see.

Another pic tomorrow, most likely.

For those of you who have had a good shiner before, how long before it healed?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    No, you haven't. Despite the thread title, I think most folks realize I'm fairly sociable. Chatter in here bothers me not at all. In fact, I like it.

No update pic tonite. I started this thread with the idea of taking a pic every night. Yesterday, though, the scrape on the side of my face was hurting so bad that I came up with a very large, elaborate bandage to cover the entire impacted area, put on some cream that does wonders with burns and scrapes (silver sulfadiazene; everybody should get a prescription and keep this stuff around), and then applied the bandage. It's working so well, I decided to leave it in place for 48 hours. I could take a picture, but there wouldn't be anything to see.

Another pic tomorrow, most likely.

For those of you who have had a good shiner before, how long before it healed?

Does it burn or is it like neosporin?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My son had a really bad black eye from a bike wreck. The outside of his eye hit the running board of my parked truck. It looked a lot worse than yours Ben and took about two weeks to totally go away. He didn't have any scrapes or cuts though, just the black eye.

It did totally go away though. You would have no idea he even did it.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    My son had a really bad black eye from a bike wreck. The outside of his eye hit the running board of my parked truck. It looked a lot worse than yours Ben and took about two weeks to totally go away. He didn't have any scrapes or cuts though, just the black eye.

It did totally go away though. You would have no idea he even did it.

I hit the concrete floor, head first, from ~8-10 feet up. Nothing broken. Just 2 black eyes and a goose egg the size of a baseball. Oh, and a cracked floor. Only thing I've got left his scar tissue on my forehead. Most people don't notice it until I make a certain face where the scar tissue doesn't move. People have known me for years and then all the sudden notice it and think it's new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Does it burn or is it like neosporin?
    It's like neosporin, cool and soothing. For burns, it's the stuff of miracles. I won't tell the long story here, but I once opened a radiator cap when I shouldn't have and lost most of the skin on my stomach and chest, plus some off my face. That cream, I truly believe, was the difference between months of painful healing and weeks of only mildly painful healing.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    BadDay6a_zpsc0a794b9.jpg

Definitely healing faster than I thought it would but I hate the way the bruising is spreading and the center of the swelling really hasn't shrunk very much at all.

Oh, well. At least I no longer feel the need to bandage half my face before I go out.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Dark area looks a little better. If the swelling don't start going down or at least feel a little better in a couple days, might get it looked at. Sometimes the cheek area can take a little longer though. It is actually a complicated area.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    BadDay6a_zpsc0a794b9.jpg

Definitely healing faster than I thought it would but I hate the way the bruising is spreading and the center of the swelling really hasn't shrunk very much at all.

Oh, well. At least I no longer feel the need to bandage half my face before I go out.

Put you some arnica cream on it. It does wonders for bruises.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Color is better. Cheek swelling is covering less area but there's still a big, sensitive lump under there.

Best news: Today I can actually take a deep breath without much pain. I haven't previously talked about the shot I took to the ribs but it's finally getting better. Still sore but at least breathing normally no longer hurts.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 21, 2013
    Ben, you need some Iodine on that wound, I think my mom still has some from the fifties, want me to check and see if she'll mail it to me?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Dang Ben, I think I remember the pic in the PW thread now, but don't think I ever heard what happened.....

Top Bottom