• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Closing The Loop. Ended up with a 06 Honda Sabre 1100.
    bikesmall.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Looks nice matefrio, enjoy.
    Your forecast tomorrow is 65^ and clear, you best be posting in the scavenger hunt before you go to bed ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Seriously, you'll never learn if you don't ride and trailers don't count. Didn't you already do the MC training class? I understand family and responsibility but ...

I can understand the hesitation starting out riding at "our age" but if you don't get in the saddle and go, you may never do it.

'sides, I'm listed on your life insurance policy as of yesterday

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    Seriously, you'll never learn if you don't ride and trailers don't count. Didn't you already do the MC training class? I understand family and responsibility but ...

I can understand the hesitation starting out riding at "our age" but if you don't get in the saddle and go, you may never do it.

Being a rider for 20 yrs - I agree. The sooner you can sit on it, get used to the feel of weight as lean from side to side, and get failiar with
    the buttons on the handle bar. The better offf you'll be. Other wise, you wont end up riding. And don't give up if you end up laying it down
    once or twice. Only way to learn is to ride the thing.

There's nothing like the breeze and sun inyour face and the hum of engine in your ears. Wearing ear plugs in both ears for ipod or whatever is illegal,
    but turn on your fav sounds and rev up that pipes and go for it !!!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Being a rider for 20 yrs - I agree. The sooner you can sit on it, get used to the feel of weight as lean from side to side, and get failiar with
    the buttons on the handle bar. The better offf you'll be. Other wise, you wont end up riding. And don't give up if you end up laying it down
    once or twice. Only way to learn is to ride the thing.

There's nothing like the breeze and sun inyour face and the hum of engine in your ears. Wearing ear plugs in both ears for ipod or whatever is illegal,
    but turn on your fav sounds and rev up that pipes and go for it !!!
    I'd agree but it's across Houston east to west drive on the freeway\tollway. I'd be getting used to my bike and gear so I've decided to pick it up Tuesday with a Uhaul trailer and practice close to home first. $20.00 for the trailer.

DPSTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Leander
    I'd agree but it's across Houston east to west drive on the freeway\tollway. I'd be getting used to my bike and gear so I've decided to pick it up Tuesday with a Uhaul trailer and practice close to home first. $20.00 for the trailer.

This is what I did. I got my bike about 16months ago. The guy I got it from trailered it to my house(he's a co-worker of mine) and I puttered around the neighborhood for a couple of months while I tinkered with it and learned to work the controls without having to think about it too much. Took the safety course and got my license within a couple of months and by this time I was comfortable enough to begin riding it to work and back (the whole reason I got it in the first place, to save gas...) I have been riding it for about a year now and have put about 7000miles on it since I got it. I agree you have to get on it and ride, but if you'd never ridden before, as it was for me, then starting slow is the best way. Trying to learn the controls and get comfortable with it is not something I would want to do in traffic.... Too many idiots driving with a phone in their face.....

IMG_1756.jpg
    '83 Kz750K twin

DPSTX

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Ear plugs are illegal? Screw that... I'd rather have a ticket then lose my hearing. What numbskull came up with that law?
    I wear earplugs (same as I use for shooting) any time I'm riding on the highway. I have a noisy helmet, and if I don't have plugs then my ears will be ringing the rest of the day. I can still hear traffic, horns, sirens, etc. - I don't think they're a hazard. However, there's a difference between that and having and iPod blaring in your ears.

Top Bottom