APOD Firearms

Is it legal in Texas to pull your gun out in your vehicle...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Don't ever flip anyone the bird... You have to tell them politely that off is the general direction in which you wish them to ****.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    a6cd0b76-d910-ddc2.jpg

The horse... It's dead... Stop beating it...

Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    Did someone once said... You don't bring a knife to a gunfight?

I don't know anyone who'd pull a knife after seeing a gun. An idiot maybe.

Another thing I thought, he was probably going to use the knife to scratch the paint or stab a tire.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Did someone once said... You don't bring a knife to a gunfight?

I don't know anyone who'd pull a knife after seeing a gun. An idiot maybe.

I did and the mofo backed down. I was the only one in the room that didn't get robbed. So how's that make me an idiot.
    At a distance of an arms length, the knife wins.

Willingness to destroy your attacker by any means necessary screws with his play book. I'm crazy enough to risk a bullet, and I guarantee you will bleed out before I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not trying to get in this, I can see the wounding capabilities of a knife, and some advantages, but at that colse range several hasty shots could be easily fired from the hip. Even someone whos a bad shot would likely land some hits. Lots of variables but you may want consider a few more outcome outside of your experience.

Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    I did and the mofo backed down. I was the only one in the room that didn't get robbed. So how's that make me an idiot.

Willingness to destroy your attacker by any means necessary screws with his play book. I'm crazy enough to risk a bullet, and I guarantee you will bleed out before I do.

I was referring to the OP.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Not trying to get in this, I can see the wounding capabilities of a knife, and some advantages, but at that colse range several hasty shots could be easily fired from the hip. Even someone whos a bad shot would likely land some hits. Lots of variables but you may want consider a few more outcome outside of your experience.

My example is the extreme opposite to the norm.
    Intent to harm separates the predators from the prey. I chose to not be the prey that day.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thanks for not taking offense. I will admit that I have the same mentality that under no circumstance will I be a helpless victim. The thought of it burns me up. But I would also have to remember in that split second I have a wife and daughter at home. Another prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and deal with it accordingly if it happens type of deal.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I understand Younggun. The way I think about things changed completely after I got married and had kids.

Prior to that, I had not much concern for my own well being. When a number of people depend on you that changes things.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

I've faced down someone armed with a gun when all I had was a knife.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Very late to the party here, and I know the ol' horse is covered with buzzards, but I really need to know...

Why on Earth would you reach for your firearm when you're safely locked inside a vehicle that only needs a little gas to leave the area faster than any man could run?

TxRanger04, can you answer us that question? Please.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Thanks for not taking offense. I will admit that I have the same mentality that under no circumstance will I be a helpless victim. The thought of it burns me up. But I would also have to remember in that split second I have a wife and daughter at home. Another prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and deal with it accordingly if it happens type of deal.

Tis all gute!
    I am in touch with my inner animal and this jackass was interrupting my dinner.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I don't think flipping the bird is provocation for deadly force, i.e. pulling a knife. But it's not worth the hassle of paying a lawyer to get you off. If he doesn't back off and continues coming at you with knife, you cannot hesitate to protect your life. At least you are alive. Given recent cases in Texas, I think it would be hard to get an indictment in this state and almost impossible to get conviction on this. Civil litigation on the other hand is always a crap shoot.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    True, but if the story was even accurate instead of a troll, I doubt that's all he had done. I also recall he said he pulled the gun before a knife was even seen. Also, I'm sure he's just trying to cover his butt for a mistake made.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    True, but if the story was even accurate instead of a troll, I doubt that's all he had done. I also recall he said he pulled the gun before a knife was even seen. Also, I'm sure he's just trying to cover his butt for a mistake made.
    I agree with the bold. However OP consistently said he reached for gun, turned around and knife was displayed before he showed the gun. Doesn't really matter anyway :deadhorse:

Top Bottom